Thursday, July 22, 2010

Beach Boys LO - Sketchy Thursday Challenge

Pin It Now!
Sketchy Thursday is having a Guest Design Team Challenge, so I decided to try it out. In addition to the sketch we also had to

• Use the color yellow somewhere on the page.

• And use at least one handmade embellishment.




Here is what I came up with.

Cosmo Cricket Snorkel Collection, Cosmo Cricket Twist & Shout PP, EK Success Chutes & Ladders PP, Bazzill Cardstock, Best Occastion Cardstock, Doodlebug Brad Buddies - Fish, American Craft Thickers, Making Memories Tiny Alpha Stickers, Cricut Doodlecharms Cartridge, Stickles, DMC Floss, Misc - RicRac

I used pictures from our trip to the 'beach' last weekend. I thought they would be prefect to use the color yellow with. The yellow sun die-cut was cut using my Cricut Expression and the Doodlecharms cart. I added some yellow stickles to jazz it up. I also used a strip of yellow PP from EK Success' Chutes and Ladders and yellow American Craft Thickers for my title.

I took 'handmade' embellishment to another extent. Instead of 'creating' something, I hand stitched around the border and added some white pen doodling to the circle. I also used my Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser to tear up the edges of my main's photo mat.
I had TONS of fun doing this LO and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed so I can at least make it to the Top 5.  Wish me Luck!

ETA:
I just realized this LO might also qualify for two of the challenges Practical Scrappers is hosting.

  • Older Than One Year - You only have to use one thing older than 1 year for your project to qualify.

  • July Challenge - Just Beachy. Pull out those items you take or find at the beach and use them on your project.
All items used in the LO are OLDER than ONE YEAR. And for my 'Beach Find' how about three swimmers and two fish brads.

3 comments :

Heidi said...

this is so adorable!

Tanya Rudd said...

This is wonderful! Love the paper, and the distressing. Thank you for playing with Practical Scrappers this week.
Hugs
Tanya

Brenda Benoit said...

Very nice..cheery and fun..great job..
Brenda

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.