Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Autumn Banner

Pin It Now!

October is almost half way done and FALL has finally found its way to my house. I love FALL - the fresh air smell, the cool breeze, the beautiful colors for pictures, and so much more. The only thing I don't like about FALL is all the rain!

I've slowly started adding a few FALL touches around the house. And my latest addition was this AUTUMN banner. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, just wished I would have used a slightly bigger font.

Cricut Expression; Cricut Design Studio; Banner .cut file; Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge; Sesame Street Font Cartridge; Bazzill 'London Fog', 'Bitter Chocolate', 'Sun Coral', 'French Vanilla' Cardstock; KI Memories 'Grateful Multi Stripe', 'Grateful Tree Farm' Papers; Wausau 'King Gold on Golden Crown' Cardstock; Lasting Impressions' Embossed Die-Cuts; EK Success Phrase Cafe 'Autumn Greetings' Stickers; Misc - Brown Sheer Ribbon, Walmart Fall Papers, Ink

I was inspired by all Halloween banners I've seen lately and decided to do a Fall one for my living room. And of course, I don't own a single cart that contains the new banner cuts, so put my Design Studio to work and design several of my own banners - details on this here.

For this banner I used the Scalloped Triangle(A) and Plain Triangle(A) found on my Banner File - available via comment request. Each Scalloped Triangle measures roughly 5 3/4 by 6 3/8. And the matching Inner Plain Triangle measures roughly 5 1/8 by 5 3/4.

I layered a 1.5" Paper Rosette - which also has an available .cut file - inked the edges and added a Distress Stickles border to each of the rosettes.


Through out the triangle, I used Lasting Impressions' die-cuts I purchased on ebay more than 2 years ago from Lynng704.

The letters that spell out 'autumn' were cut using the Sesame Street Cartridge at 2.5" in Wausau Metallic Cardstock. Each triangle was then embellished with an embossed Lasting Impressions' die-cut or Phrase Cafe Clear 'Autumn Greeting' sticker placed on a piece of Bazzill French Vanilla.


Banners .cut File
Cut File is available via comment request. The .cut file comes in the form of a .zip file and includes pictures, TOU, and .cut file. Also please add a way to reach you in your comment. I'd love to see your finished projects, so don't forget to send me some pictures.

Thanks!

17 comments :

Lisa said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS BANNER I MADE SOMETHING KINDA OF SIMILIAR WITH MY DAUGHTERS NAME BUT I USED A SHAPE THAT WAS SIMILAR TO A TOP NOTE, NOT A TRIANGLE. I REALLY LIKE THIS THOUGH AND THE ROSETTE FILE WAS GENIUS!! CAN U PLEASE SEND ME BOTH THE BANNER CUT FILE AND THE ROSETTE ONE? THANKS SO MUCH lisareneblack@gmail.com

Carla said...

Marlene,

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love your
color combo too!
Could you send me the .cut file for the triangles with matching inner traingles as I would like to make something similar for my son's birthday banner. It is a sports team so I
would be using different colors. My email is mani_and_me@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

You do beautiful work. I love your Autumn Banner. Fall is my favorite season. I would greatly appreciate your banner cut file and the paper rosette cut file. My email address is rewelch61@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

I love your banner. I have been going to attempt to make a banner for a while now, just haven't taken the time to design one. Thanks so much for being willing to share your cut files, I would love to have them so that I do not have to reinvent the wheel.
Now I will have to learn to convert from a cut file to a gypsy file. I have a gypsy and my daughter now uses my design studio program.

Thanks again for sharing!
Christi
fillhardfarm at ymail dot com

beazora said...

Love your banner, great colors
Thanks for sharing!
beazora@yahoo.com

Tina M said...

this banner is so gorgeous! I love all the rosettes and decoration. I am thinking into the Christmas season for this project and would love to have your triangle .cut file if I may :) pretty please!! with a Santa on top..hehehehee
thanks much! Tina

tfoley55@gmail.com

Tina M said...

this banner is so gorgeous! I love all the rosettes and decoration. I am thinking into the Christmas season for this project and would love to have your triangle .cut file if I may :) pretty please!! with a Santa on top..hehehehee
thanks much! Tina

tfoley55@gmail.com

Amy Jo said...

Marlene, I love your banner! Very pretty and festive. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful creations.

Pixichick said...

That is beautiful! So creative, and I love all of the little details that you did. I would love to have the cut file.
my email is wickedgrl424@yahoo.com

Thank you for sharing!

Karen said...

I would love the cut file for your banner. OMGOodness, it is just SO cute! I love all the details you added. Beautiful blog!
Cheers, Karen
www.alteredscrapbooking.com
karen.aicken@gmail.com

Peg said...

Love your banner! Have tried making a couple but never found the right sized triangle, tried designing one and that failed too. Would love your files. Thanks so much! obsomp@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOUR BANNER!! AND WOULD APPRECIATE THE CUT FILE. THANKS!!!
winnie101winnie@hotmail.com

Kathleen said...

What a beautiful banner. I would so love this cut file.
Thanks
Kathleen
kj_riley4953@q.com

Corina said...

HI,
Just stumbled into your blog, and it's fantastic. I like your ideas and cut files. I love to make banners. Can you send me the banner file with the rosette,too.
thanks
heartystamper@sbcglobal.net

shtale said...

This is an awsome Banner
i would love the cut file!
i will share my finished project with you! Thanks :)
chantalsp166@live.ca

Anonymous said...

I'm working backwards on your blog. This is soooo cute. May I please have the cut file? Thank you...pam lanmmorris@aol.com

Crafting And Beyond said...

I am in love with this banner I am a new follower and found you via google with your cupcake flower just stunning now I can't get off the computer.. LOL If you are still ofering cut files can I get this on for the bannner I dont have a way to do svg on my cricut but I cut my svg by hand.. So i would live to give this one a try! Thanks in advance Susan Iblingit@yahoo.com

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.