Friday, October 22, 2010

Coffin Series...Day 1

I know I promised to share a few Halloween projects I had in mind, but due to life and the fact that I can't learn TWO important lessons -
1. Start Holiday Projects EARLY!
and
2. SAVE your work constantly!
I only have this ONE project - Coffins - divided into 4 parts.

Inspired by the many coffin treat boxes I've seen all over, I set out to make a few of my own. I went out and searched for the Happy Hauntings cartridge everywhere and came back empty handed. I really wanted to make some and even had the idea make some for my son's class, so ME being ME - I created 3 different Coffins using Design Studio. These took me about TWO weeks - or maybe more, I've lost count - to make. DS kept giving me error messages when I used a negative rotation angle and would shut down. OF COURSE, I had NOT saved my work and had to start from the beginning. Very Fustrating! I do have to stay that there were SEVERAL times I wanted to throw in the towl, but I didn't. And I'm soo glad I didn't. I just love my coffins! 2 out of the 3 coffins are very similar, if not exactly the same to the ones found on the Happy Hauntings Cartridge. They measure about 4 3/4" L x 3" W x 1.25" D.


So, for today's Coffin Series Day 1, we have the Vampire Coffin.
Cricut Expression; Cricut Design Stuido; ScrappinCookie Coffin .cut File; Cricut Paper Dolls; Bazzill 'Avalanche', 'Berrylicious', 'Blackbird' Cardstock; AC Moore 'Khaki' Cardstock; K&Co 'Halloween Black Dots', 'Halloween Orange Kids' Papers; Studio G 'Halloween' Glitter Stick-ez; Stickles 'Black Diamond'; Misc - Pens, Purple Paper(vest, shoes); Googly Eyes

 I used the 'Coffin2 - Scalloped' found on my .cut File -available via comment request . The edges of the coffin are scalloped.

I decorated the Coffin's Lid with a Vampire, Spider and Spider Web made from the Paper Dolls Dress Up cartridge. The 'Happy Halloween' sentiment is from Studio G's 'Halloween' Glitter Stick-ez - I found these at AC Moore for only $1! They come with a rub-on style sentiments and two little bags of glitter. I filled the Coffin with assorted Fall/Halloween candies. Quite a few pieces fit inside, about 5-6 pieces depending on the size and thickness.

Coffin .cut File
*Plantin Schoolbook
.Cut File is available via comment request. The .cut file comes in the form of a .zip file and includes pictures, TOU, and .cut file. Due to the time spent on this .cut file, I would greatly appreciate if you were able to donate a little somethin' somethin' when requesting the file.
Thanks!
Stay Tuned for Coffin Series Day 2 - tomorrow. Here is a little sneaky sneak.

TFL!

5 comments:

  1. i would like to have your coffin cut file, you do a wonderful job on everything you make.
    thanks
    tammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlene, this candy holder coffin is terrific!!!!!!! what a great party decoration and party favor! :)
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I'm glad you finished and kept your sanity! Such a cute coffin. I'd love the cut file. dkick@sbcglobal.net

    Great job, and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so in love with this cute little project! You are very talented! I would love this cut file :)
    Thanks
    chantalsp166@live.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have your cut file! I have never seen a box as cute as yours.

    plese.cathy@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.