Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Paper Rosettes .cut File

Pin It Now!

Cricut Expression, Cricut Design Studio, Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge

Ever since I learned how to make these cute little Paper Rosettes, I use them for almost every layout or project. The only downside is all the scoring that needs to be done every quarter inch! My poor hand and arm get tired by the 5th score that I needed to come up with an idea to make all that scoring easier. And that when it hit me - Why don't I use my Cricut? I use it to score some other .cut files, why not a Paper Rosette?

I created a .cut file where the 12x12 mat is filled with lines spaced out every quarter inch. Simply turn your blade upside inside the housing and press cut. For more information go to Scoring with the Cricut.

A second mat - Paper Rosettes Rectangle - has 5 - 1.5x11.25 rectangles that I used on my Autumn Banner. But these can be sized to whatever Paper Rosette size you need. Simply resize, cut, score in accordian style and your Paper Rosette is ready for your project.  

Paper Rosette .cut File
Cut File is available via comment request. The .cut file comes in the form of a .zip file and includes pictures, TOU, and .cut file. Also please add a way to reach you in your comment. I'd love to see your finished projects, so don't forget to send me some pictures.

Thanks!

25 comments :

Anonymous said...

You are so smart, I have heard of people turning their blades upside down to score with.
I would love to have this file too, the scoring is exactly the reason that I have only ever made one of the paper rosettes and it didn't turn out very even and I have never tried it again.
Thanks again for sharing!
Christi
fillhardfarm at ymail dot com

beazora said...

Cute rosettes perfect for the banner
Thanks for sharing!
beazora@yahoo.com

Tina M said...

Marlene, what a CLEVER IDEA! scoring made easy for sure :)
I'd love to give this a whirl with your .cut file :) These rosettes will make a great addition to cards
thanks so much, Tina
tfoley55@gmail.com

Judy B. said...

I would love this file if you're still sharing! Thanks!
rab1127 @ aol.com

Scrap'n Yamma said...

I would love this cut file if it is still available! Thank you! gikinney1@gmail.com

Kathleen said...

I would love to try these rosette flowers. May O please get the cut file for them?
Kathleen
kj_riley4953@q.com

Anne-Marie said...

What a big idea !I would love this cut file if it is still available! Thank you for sharing ;)
ahensmans@gmail.com.
Have a nice day !

Gerda said...

Hi,
I love this file. Will you share it with me?
Thanks a lot!

Gerda

denise said...

Wow you are so smart....I too would love this cut file...and thanks for sharing

Denise
kricket5@verizon.net

Christine said...

you are a genius!!! I would love the file so I can make pretty rosettes too! Thank you in advance.

Aveline said...

Exellente idée, un grand merci pour ce partage !

Thank you so much for sharing your file. I would really appreciate to receive this file.
pascale.verleyen@skynet.be

Eve said...

Wow! This looks amazing! Would love to get your .cut file.
Thanks!
garyeve@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

I am so over fan folding paper to make rosettes. Love what you have done to make life easier. Would love your .cut file.
Thanks
wendy.neaton@gmail.com

gaylemontayostudio said...

OH! I would LOVE to try your paper rosette! Thank you! glanning@msn.com

cropqueenraina said...

Hi! I would love to have a cut file for the paper rosette! Thanks so much in advance.

cropqueenraina@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I love making paper rosettes and this is an excellent idea. Would you share this cut file.
Thanks, Isabel

isabelhndz@yahoo.com

Dawnyel said...

Love it! so much easier than a score board! Please share!
cmdawnyel@aol.com

Iva said...

Hi your rosette scoring and cut files are absolutely awesome. I would love to have the cut file. Thank you so much in advance for sharing this wonderful cut file. Have a great day. jimivacjrg@aol.com

Thanks again. Iva Fox

Iva said...

Hi not sure if you got my comment. But your files are awesome..would love to have the rosette scoring and cut files. Thanks so much. jimivacjrg@aol.com

Iva Fox

Denise said...

I would love your cut file, please and love your blog too.
demmer9934@aol.com

Debbie said...

I too would love the scoring cut file. I love these flowers and yes, they do wear out your fingers with the scoreboard. Thanks.
debamas@yahoo.com

Debbie said...

I'd love the scoring cut file, please. Just found your blog and loving your projects!
debamas@yahoo.com

catrina shipley said...

How awesome is that?! I would love the scoring mat file and the paper rosette file. This would be an excellent addition for me! I'm in awe of your talent and appreciate you sharing!

catshp4@gmail.com

catrina shipley said...

How awesome is that?! I would love the scoring mat file and the paper rosette file. This would be an excellent addition for me! I'm in awe of your talent and appreciate you sharing!

catshp4@gmail.com

to_csh said...

Wow that would be soooo handy! Thanks so much for sharing.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.