Wednesday, October 6, 2010

So Far Behind... LOs 2,3,4 out of 10

Have I ever mentioned how far behind I am in my scrapping? Well, its about 5 years!! My oldest son is now 6 and I recently finished his 1st year album plus a few random LOs. My youngest is 3 and I just started working on his album. Sooo far behind.

Well, last month during Scrapdango's School's In 2010 crop I was able to finally started on my youngest's album. I got a total of 4 LOs for his 1st year done plus 1 LO that is to date - a grand total of 5 LOs! Hey, its a start, right?!  Today I'll share 3 of those 5 LOs.

Deja Views Sharon Ann's Little Ones Collection, American Craft Thickers, Bazzill 'Avalanche' Cardstock, DCWV Cardstock, Heidi Swapp 'She' Chipboard Letters(B), Fiskars Threading Water Punch, DMC Floss, Misc - Eyelet, Staples, Chipboard Stars, Acrylic Stars

This LO was done with two challenges in mind - Creative Scrappers Sketch #122 and Scrapdango's School's In 2010 English Class.

Creative Scrappers Sketch #122

This LO turned out to be more of a CASE'ing of Marielle LeBlanc's layout - which can be seen on her blog Le Scrap de Marilou or at Creative Scrappers - for the Sketch #122 reveal. I just loved what she did with the ribbon and the scattered stars throught the layout. Her patterned paper inspired me to use the Deja Views Sharon Ann's Little Ones Collection I had been saving for soo long.

For this class we had to 

 * use at least 2 different fonts in your title - which I used a Heidi Swapp chipboard letters for the 'B' and American Thickers for the rest of the name. I wasn't very happy with the ending results of this, so I went back and changed it all to American Craft Thickers.


* Book paper, patterned paper with writing on it, script paper or stamps - I went with patterned paper with writing. You can see it right above the wallet-sized photos and a tiny bit of words on the bottom left corner of the blue cloud/airplane pp.

* Your journaling needs to be either a 'Once upon a time' story or a letter to the person scrapped. - I went with a 'Once upon a time' story and hid the journaling behind the photo. The journaling talks about his name and how we couldn't decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.