Monday, January 24, 2011

2 In 1: MatchBox Cards


The Paper Company Cardstock, Pink Cat Studio Digital Stamp, Valentine Cards I WordArt by Bethany, Crayola Color Pencils, Baby Oil, Sweethearts Candy

Here's a quick little project that can be whipped up for your childs' classmates, co-workers, or friends. The inspiration for these 2  In 1 MatchBox Cards came from Teri's Spider Box. I thought it was a perfect way to get a valentine note & treat done at the sametime.


 For the MatchBox cover, I took a 10.313" piece of cardstock and scored at .5", 3.063", 4.125", 6.688", and 7.75".

Add a piece of Red Line Tape/Sticky Strip to the 1/2" tab.

Take the tab and fold it inward towards the 1st scoreline.



This forms the cover the drawer will fit into.



For the drawer, take a 5.5" x 4.5" piece of cardstock and score at 1"  on all sides. Apply a piece of Red Line Tape/Sticky Strip to the four corners. For this tutorial I used Double Sided Tape, but for the original boxes I used a stronger tape.  Cut a slit on each corner's scoreline.

Form the box and slide into the cover you made previously.

Decorate the lid and card's inside as desired.



One these Matchbox Cards, I used the Boy LuvBot digital stamp from Pink Cat Studio. And since these were meant for my son's Kindergarten - yes, another late project - friends I had him color in the stamp.

The "Happy Hearts Day" sentiment comes from the Valentines Cards I WordArt pack by Bethany.


I filled the drawers with sweetheart confectioner's candy.


1 comment:

  1. Hello...
    Love all of your creations! Just wondering what the dimensions are for the actual MatchBox cover? Are they 3.5" x 10.313". I hope to make these for Easter. Wish me luck!
    Thanks....
    Lilian lg514@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.