Sunday, January 9, 2011

All Aboard the Valentine Train

Pin It Now!
Cricut Expression, Cricut Design Studio, Cricut Plaintin Schoolbook Cartridge, Cricut Doodlecharms Cartridge, Cricut Storybook Font Cartridge, Bazzill 'Blackbird', 'Ruby Slipper', '', DCWV Cardstock, Cloud 9 'Be Loved' Patterned Paper, Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Misc - Ribbon, Brads, Pop-Dots

First up on my list of 14 Projects is the Valentine LOVE Train. While browsing the SCS Gallery I came across this cute idea to create a Valentine Train. The idea was orginally created by Gretchen Barron from Inspiration in Action. Gretchen used all SU! Products and has a tutorial available for purchase via her blog. Since I don't own any of the SU! products she used, I created my own version of the train using my Cricut Expression and Design Studio.


The engine of the train is a milk carton measuring 2 x 4.75 x 1.625. Following it are 4 cars measuring 3.75 x 2 x 1.625. Each car is decorated with 3 different sized hearts and a letter to spell out LOVE.


I used the Storybook Font cart for the word LOVE. Each letter is adhered to the hearts using pop-dots. Then the cars were attached together by a 1/2 x 5 strip of cardstock.


The wheels are assembled from 4 or 3 different sized circles with a brad in the center and then adhered with pop-dots.


For the front of the engine I used the scalloped heart from Doodlecharms embossed with the Swiss Dots folder and a bow instead of a tag attached with brads.


The Valentine Train was designed to be filled with yummy Valentine candy but I haven't been able to get to the store yet.

Valentine Train
*Cricut Expression
*Cricut Design Studio
*Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge
*Doodlecharms Cartridge
*Storybook Cartridge
.Cut File is available via comment request. The .cut file comes in the form of a .zip file and includes pictures, TOU, and .cut file. Due to the time spent on this .cut file, I would greatly appreciate if you were able to DONATE a little somethin' somethin' when requesting the file.
Thanks!




20 comments :

Angels Way said...

Super cute! I would love the cut file. Looks like your email button is not working so I do not know how to make donation without it. My email is angelfear0708@yahoo.com.

TIA

Angel

Caren said...

That is so cute!
Caren @ My thoughts exactly crafts

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! I would love the cut file. emmittandcrystal@hughes.net

Tanya said...

Just came across your blog and I love it...am now a follower! This train is just too adorable. You have some lovely projects and I look forward to visiting again!

Anonymous said...

this is too darn cute. Thanks so much for sharing your creative talents. If you are still sharing the cut file, I would love to give it a try,

upnative@lighthouse.net

cuttlebug_fan said...

Very cute!! I would love to get a copy of the cut file. TFS

leirad at forbesenvironmental dot com

Anonymous said...

Hi!!

Your LOVE Train is suuuuper cute.
Thanks for sharing the cut file.

Pleas send to:
Svenja1976@web.de

Anonymous said...

love your train i left you paypal but forgot to leave my email it is tagladypa@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

This train is soo cute!! My son loves trains and I would love the cut file so I can make this for him for Valentine's day. Thanks

kmurdock1005@live.com

Katie bug Creations said...

Love your train. So creative. Would love the cut file. Thanks for sharing.
Tamkat2@verizon.net

Owassia said...

This is so adorable! I would love to make this for a close cancer patient with a few months left. May I please have the cut file. send to whipstaffatyahoodotcom.
Thank you so much

Anonymous said...

I would love the cut file for the train. It is so cute. Thank you.
wlmrh@aol.com

Dusti said...

Wow this is fantastic. I would love the cut files if possible. Please respond to:

dusti@scrappinwithcricut.com

I proudly follow you.

Hugs
Dusti

William said...

Wow, you are so talented. I would also like a copy of the cut file if you are still sharing.

Thanks so much
Tdougles@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I love your train - saw it in the chirp and looked you up. Added you to my favorites list. Would love to have the cut file. Thanks!
winnie101winnie@hotmail.com

Kathleen said...

Oh my gosh this is so cute!!! I would love to get your cut file for this. I could get it made just in time for Valentine's Day for my Granddaughter. Thank you very much.

Kathleen
kj_riley4953@q.com

Brittany and Robert Simbolon said...

This is so cute would love the cute file... brittanysimbolon@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I would love to have this cut file...this would be great for a little boy's birthday
Thanks,
Pat
pwells1@hvc.rr.com

Scrap'n Yamma! said...

I would love the cut file for the train. Thank you for sharing!

Jill said...

What a cute project!
Smiles, Jill

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.