Sunday, February 20, 2011

Spring Is In the Air Canvas


Cricut Expression, Cricut Design Studio, Cricut Create A Critter Cartridge, Bazzill Cardstock, Paper Doll Dress Up Cartridge, Best Occasion(Walmart) Cardstock, DCWV Cardstock, Cuttlebug Machine, Cuttlebug Divine Swirls Folder, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Folder, Stickles 'Orange Peel', Uni-ball White Pen, Misc - Black Pen, Googly Eyes, Pop-Dots

With two beautiful days of 60 degree weather on Thursday and Friday and I definitely got a Spring feel. Which was perfect for this week's Fantabulous Cricut Challenge. Challenge Me Monday #47 was all about Weather Forecast and I'm SOO ready for some Spring Air.


I decided to go with a 5x5 Spring Canvas. I first laid everything out using Design Studio. Everything but the grass - which is from Paper Doll Dress Up - is from Create A Critter. I inked all edges and then doodled some stitches. Some pieces were embossed and others were pop dotted.

The following were cut out at 2"
*Sun
*Tulips

The following were cut out at 1"
*Clouds (3 small ones)
*Butterflies

The Large Cloud was cut at 1.5" and the grass was resized to fit in the 5x5 square.

The "Spring is in the Air" sentiment was quickly created in MS Word.


This Spring Canvas will also be submitted to the following challenges:

*Cricut Chirp Newsletter
and some others I can't remember right now...

13 comments:

  1. I really like your canvas. I think it is really pretty. It is very bright and cheery:) TFS and thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut:)
    ~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - what a great job - it just hollers Spring - Love it!!

    I'd like to invite you to my blog, I am having a challenge that calls for embossing and your project would be perfect for it!

    Linda
    http://lindascreativity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very nice! Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut and at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your canvas project is FANTABULOUS! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty - love all the details and that it is on canvas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely! I really like all of the embossing and popping you did. Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty! I love all the dimension on this! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! Love all the detail in your card. Thanks for playing along with Cooking with Cricut this week!
    Nicole CWC DT
    http://croppinmommadesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. FANTASTIC PROJECT! It's so bright and cheerful- perfect for the season it celebrates! Thanks for linking it to Paper Issues!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you popped everything up. Super springy. I'm a new follower of yours. If you get a chance, please stop by my blog. I'd love for you to be a follower of mine too.

    stacy
    http://www.mycraftingtime.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marlene, this is too, too cute! I love all the bright, springy colors and the cheerfulness of it chases those winter doldrums right away. Thanks for embossing with us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  13. super cute project. love it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.