Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine Test Tube

Pin It Now!


Cricut Expression, Cricut Design Studio, SingleTestTube Holder_ScrappinCookie CUT File, Bazzill 'Berry Blush' 'Carob' 'French Vanilla' 'Red Devil' Cardstock, Cloud 9 Design Paper, AC Moore Valentine Pick, Studio G Valentine Stamp, American Craft Ribbon, Test Tube Holder, M&M's chocolate.

Candy filled Test Tubes aren't just for Halloween. They make a perfect quick little candy gift for the teachers, co-workers, friends, basically anyone.


I added my own special touch to Lisa Somerville's Test Tube Holders, by adjusting the size of the holder and creating a Cricut CUT File for it. The Holder can hold either a .75" or 1" wide test tube. If using a 1" Test Tube, you'll need to resize the circle opening.


I got my Test Tubes from Shot Wizard which are manufactured by Lake Charles Manufacturing. They are 5" tall and 3/4" wide, which makes putting the M&M candies inside a real patience tester. Next time I will get the 1" wide test tubes.


I embellised the holded with a Paper Rosetter and AC Moore Valentine Pick. I used my PaperRosette CUT File, which makes the scoring part so much easier. I then stamped a Studio G Valentine Stamp on a piece of Bazzill French Vanilla Cardstock and attached it with Glue Dots. To tie it all together I added a piece of ribbon to the test tube.

Single Test Tube Holder
*Cricut Expression
*Cricut Design Studio
*Plantin SchoolBook
*Accent Essentials
Cut File is available via comment request. The .cut file comes in the form of a .zip file and includes pictures, TOU, and .cut file. Due to the time spent on this .cut file, I would greatly appreciate if you were able to DONATE a little somethin' somethin' when requesting the file.
Thanks!




3 comments :

Owassia said...

The test tube box is very cute. Could I please have the cut file? whipstaffatyahoodotcom

BugBites said...

Hey Marlene. Would love to use your cut file for the test tube treat holders for a scrap retreat I am hosting. Would you be willing to share it ith me, please.
Bugbites411@gmail.com

Sheila said...

What a cute idea. Thanks for the inspiration and for all the measurements needed. So often we can't get the same items here in England, so it's nice to know what the dimensions are so we can get something compatible. You have so many great ideas on your blog - I shall be back. Keep up the good work ;0)

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.