Sunday, March 27, 2011

Birthday Sundaes Challenge #2 - Tulip Birthday

Pin It Now!



Cricut Expression, Cricut Create A Critter Cartridge, Bazzill 'Citrus', 'Mango', 'Parakeet'  Cardstock, The Paper Company Cardstock(white), Basic Grey Kioshi Collection, Little Yellow Bicycle 'Geometric Shapes' Paper(tulips), Cuttlebug Machine, Sizzix Embossing Folder, DMC Floss, EK Success Piercing Bugs, Everyday {365} Birthday Stamps, Signo White Pen


Hello Everyone!


Wow! We are all amazed at all the great entries from last week - a total of 77 entries! Thanks to everyone that made Birthday Sundaes FIRST challenge a HUGE success.


Our challenge this week is create a SPRING themed birthday card. Simply create a NEW BIRTHDAY CARD and include birthday wording on card front in the form of stamped, computer generated, and/or handwritten greetings or birthday worded paper. You can find all the Rules for our challenges on the left sidebar on the Birthday Sundaes Blog.






When I think of SPRING, I think about fresh air, nice weather, blooming flowers, and bugs(stay tuned for more info). I decided to use the tulips from the Create A Critter Cartridge - found on page 69.








The tulips' base or stems was cut out in Bazzill Parakeet Carstock and then I cut the actual tulips out twice in patterned paper from My Little Yellow Bicycle. I used my homemade dimensionals between tulip layers.




The sentiment is from the Everyday {365} Birthday Stamps by Karen Lewis. They can be purchased at The Digi Chick Shoppe.


This week's card was inspired by My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #12 over at SplitCoastStampers.


I don't own any MFT stamps - yet - so I hope this card brings me some luck.






Now, its YOUR TURN! Head on over to the Birthday Sundaes Blog to see all the wonderful cards the rest of the DT has come up
with. Don't forget to link up your SPRING Birthday Card by Saturday, April 2nd at 11:59pm EST.






































7 comments :

Cindy Vernon said...

What a pretty spring card. I love the colors you used.

Tina M said...

this is soooooo pretty!

Laurie said...

BEAUTIFUL card!!Love the definition on it!

Kristie said...

This is fantastic!! I love the patterned tulips and how you added dimension to them. Great work this week!

Amber said...

This is gorgeous Marlene! I love those flowers! They look beautiful in orange and with all those patterns and textures!

Vivi Martínez said...

I love this card Marlene! Love the colors and the tulips... I realize that I have that border embossing folder since they launched it and I haven't used it not even once! Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs,
Vivi

Tracey said...

My favourite flowers! Beautiful card Marlene,Love all the layers of pattern paper.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.