Sunday, March 20, 2011

Birthday Sundaes Kick Off - Sea Birthday

Pin It Now!

Hi Everyone,

Today is a very special day for Kristie and 11 other very talented and special Design Team Ladies -  including myself. We are very proud to finally annouce the KICK OFF of Birthday Sundaes! In case, you missed the very exciting news last week, I'll give you a quick recap.

Birthday Sundaes is a new weekly challenge blog beginning TODAY, hosted by Kristie, former owner of Party Time Tuesdays. The goal of Birthday Sundaes is to build up those birthday card stashes! Some of challenges you'll be seeing at Birthday Sundaes will be and not limited to color, supply, recipe, inspiration & technique challenges incorporated into birthday themed cards.

So now that you are all caught up, I present to you my very FIRST BIRTHDAY SUNDAES DT CARD!
Cricut Expression, Cricut Design Studio, Cricut Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge, Cricut Simply Charmed Cartridge, Bazzill 'Avalanche', 'Ruby Slipper','Swiss Dots' Cardstock, Coredinations 'Aegean Mixed Dots', Bo Bunny 'It's My Party' Collection, Fiskars 'Apron Lace' Punch, American Craft 'Celebrate' Ribbon, Lara's Crafts Rub-On Doll Faces, Signo White Pen, Misc - Scraps(fish, balloons, sand, seaweed)

For our first challenge at Birthday Sundaes we went with an
Anything Goes Birthday Card.

Simply create a NEW BIRTHDAY CARD and include birthday wording on card front in the form of stamped, computer generated, and/or handwritten greetings or birthday worded paper.

In addition to the Anything Goes Birthday Card Challenge, Kristie is offering a fun prize for a randomly drawn winner! Play along and you can win Cupcake Ruby from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps!





I was again inspired by the Mojo Monday 180 Sketch. I haven't created a round card in a long time and I thought that the kick off of Birthday Sundaes was just the perfect time do one.

I created the scalloped base card using Plantin SchoolBook and Design Studio some time ago for a Princess Birthday Card.

I also cut into my BoBunny 'It's My Party' collection, that I've been hoarding since it came out. I absolutely LOVE the bright colors this card took. The fish, balloons, and seaweed were made using scrap pieces I had laying around. The "water" is pre-embossed Coredinations cardstock, I simply sanded the edges to reveal the white core underneath.


All pieces were cut out from the Simply Charmed Cartridge. The fish and blue balloon were cut at 1". The yellow balloon is larger cut at 1 3/4". The seaweed was cut at 2" and the sand was resized with DS to fit the circle. I used my Signo White Pen to doodle a few stitches around the fish. For the fish's adorable face, I used some Lara's Craft Rub-On Doll Faces I found at AC Moore 2 years ago! I wish I could find some more.


I used some of my home-made foam tape to pop-out the fish, balloons, and sentiment. The sentiment was created by me using Photoshop.


The inside of the card uses a sentiment from the Another Year Older WordArt collection by Verena Karolyi.

Now, its YOUR TURN! Head on over to the Birthday Sundaes Blog to see all the wonderful cards the rest of the DT has come up with. Don't forget to link up your Anything Goes Birthday Card by Saturday at Midnight for your chance to win Cupcake Ruby from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps!

12 comments :

Vivi Martínez said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love that lil fish! Great colors too.
So honored of sharing on the DT with you!

Vivi

Tara said...

I love the shape of this card! I am so excited to be part of the Birthday Sundaes DT with you and all the other talented ladies!
Tara

Sonia said...

Loooove yout card Marlene... it is super cute and great touch with the layering...Great card... I am very happy to be in the DT with you... HUGS...SK :)

Michelle said...

Hey Marlene! This card is so adorable! Such a cute fish! Love the sentiment! It's a pleasure to work with you!
Michelle

Tina M said...

this is so fun! I love the fishy :) and his sentiment

Amber said...

This is such a cute card! I LOVE all the layers and I'm feelin you on the paper hoarding...hehe!! I couldn't cut my sun-kissed Bo Bunny until just a few weeks ago! I had to wait until it was close enough to the new summer line coming out! Now that it is cut, I can use it like crazy with a little sense of relief!! I love what you did with this sketch! It is a fabulous use for this awesome paper! Great to be working with you on this DT!!

Candice said...

Great card! I am inspired to try a shaped card.

Jens Craft Corner said...

I love the scallop card with the little fish tank. That is absolutely adorable! It's great being on the Birthday Sundaes Design team with yoU!

Cindy Vernon said...

What a fun card. I love all ofthe bright colors.

Tracey said...

Hey Marlene, fabulous card.....so much detail love it. Great to on the DT with you.....can't wait to see next weeks creations!

Kristie said...

This is adorable!! I absolutely LOVE it!! Great job decorating the inside too!

Kristie said...

And I forgot to say, I am SO happy to have you as part of my team!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.