Tuesday, March 15, 2011

FCCB Challenge #51 - You're My Pot O' Gold....


Cricut Expression, Cricut Simlpy Charmed Cartridge, Cricut Paper Doll Dress Up Cartridge, Bazzill Cardstock, Wausau Carstock(grey), Karen Foster 'Shamrocks' Paper, The Paper Company PP(March), Frances Meyer PP(Polka Dots), Fiskars 'Apron Lace' Punch, Nestabilities 'Lacey Circles' Dies, Signo White Pen, Digital Sentiment(Photoshop)Misc - Ribbon, Face Rub-On.

 Hi Everyone,

Sorry this post is one day late. I took the day off yesterday to celebrate my birthday with my family. I had a good time. DH gave me a beautiful bouquet of white roses and pink lillies -  just beautiful - some Birthday Money to spend any way I want and took us out to dinner.

Well, on to this week's Challenge Me Monday #51 at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog. In honor of St. Patrick's Day - I think - we are going with a "Hip To Be Square" - green & gold theme. Simply create a square card and include the colors green and gold (bright yellow will do).

 

I based my card on last week's Mojo Monday 180 sketch, which happened to be square(or round).


I used the 'GldRnbw' from Simply Charmed cut out at 1 5/8" and the Paper Doll Dress Up  Shamrock resized with DS to be smaller than 1" - I think they were 1/2" or 3/4".  The grass is also from Paper Doll Dress Up and resized with DS to fit into the image square space. The completed card measures 5" x 5".


I then doodled some "stitches" with my Signo White Pen. The facial expression is actually from a sheet of rub-ons I picked up at AC Moore 2 years ago! I'm surprised they still worked. The "gold" was again cut out from a gold gift bag I had stored away. And the sentiment is digital and was designed using Photoshop.


This time, I decided to include a sentiment on the inside. I used the 'GldRnbw' Word Layer. I resized the phrase to fit into my white square area with DS.

Now, its YOUR TURN! FCCB's Challenge Me Monday #51 will be open 'til Sunday at Midnight EST. I can't wait to see what you create!

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet, Marlene! I love the various scalloped edges that you've used. That strip of paper with March on it is perfect for this card, too!
    Happy belated birthday! (I didn't see this with the original FCCB cards so missed it. Sorry!) I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day. Enjoy your flowers - and spending money!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.