Monday, March 21, 2011

FCCB Challenge Me Monday #52 - Happy Birthday
















Cricut Expression, Cricut Design Studio, Cricut Doodlecharms Cartridge, Cricut Simply Charmed Cartridge, Bazzill 'Berry Blush', 'French Vanilla', 'Parakeet', 'Piglet' Cardstock, K&CO 'Lovely' Specialty Paper, Craft Boa Pink Feathers, Dew Drop, Stickles 'Eucalyptus', DMC Floss, One Year Older WordArt by VKA Designs, Misc - Button









Its Monday and that means its time for another Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday! This week Challenge Me Monday #52 is all about BIRTHDAYS! All you have to do is create a card or project based with a BIRTHDAY theme.







I think FCCB's Challenge Me Monday #52 - BIRTHDAYS is perfect for this month of March. It seems to ME - my personal opinion - that there are more people with a March birth date than any other month. My dad's birthday was on March 5th, my birthday was on March 14th, and Robin's birthday - founder and creator of Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog - is TODAY! So if you get a chance, go on over to her blog, Robin's Creative Cottage and wish her a VERY Happy Birthday!














Since I've been in "Party Mode" since the month started I decided to create a Shaped Card with TONS of layers. The card measures a whooping 8 3/4" high! The party hat is from the Cricut Doodlecharms Hat, the "happy birthday" is from the Simply Charmed Cartridge and was all welded together using the 'Shadow Feature' with Design Studio.














It has a total of 5 layers. In between each layer I used my home-made dimensionals. You can barely see them since I used the foam of the same color as the previous layer. This way the dimensionals aren't so distracting when viewed from the side.












For the "Pom Pom" of the hat I used 4 different sized layers. I started out with an 8" shadowed 'hat-s'(dark pink), then layered on a 8" 'hat-s'(light pink), then a 7" 'hat-s'(green), and finally a 6" 'hat-s'(vanilla), hiding the hat portion with DS. Added a green threaded button to the center and sentiment banner. The sentiment is from the Another Year Older WordArt collection by Verena Karolyi. Confused? No worries. I have included everything into a CUT File available via comment request below.











I incorporated Fun 'n' Flair's VERY FIRST Fun Friday Challenge into this card - just use any Cricut Cartridge of your choice and use the color Pink. 


I felt the card needed some BLING - after all it is for a BIRTHDAY - so I added a few touches of 'Eucalyptus' Stickles to the 'happy birthday' sentiment. I also replaced the dot of the "i" for a pink Dew Drop. To the bottom of the "Birthday Hat" I added some pink feathers I picked up from AC Moore.












The inside of the card uses another  sentiment from the Another Year Older WordArt collection by Verena Karolyi.







Now it's YOUR TURN! Head on over to the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog and see all the other great inspriation provided by the rest of the DT. Don't forget to link up your BIRTHDAY card or project by Sunday, March 27th at 11:59 EST for your chance to win or be part of the Top 5!







Birthday Hat CUT File

Items Needed:

*Cricut Expression & Design Studio

*Cricut Doodlecharms Cartridge

*Cricut Simply Charmed Cartridge


Cut File is available via comment request. The .cut file comes in the form of a .zip file and includes pictures, TOU, and .cut file. Due to the time spent on this .cut file, I would greatly appreciate if you were able to DONATE a little somethin' somethin' when requesting the file.

Thanks!

























































































26 comments:

  1. This is just adorable! I love the foam layers you put in between...what a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Lisa N.
    prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card, Marlene! Love the layering. Very pretty. I am enjoying being on this FCCB design team with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is sooo pretty! Love all those lucious layers! The details are just amazing...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Marlene! I have never seen this image cut with such lovely papers and I love the look! How clever to colour coordinate your dimensionals, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this card and the huge size is so much fun! I love that idea, perfect for displaying. Happy belated birthday to you Marlene! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this just happens to be the cutest ever

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love all the layers! It looks fantastic!

    Hugs,
    Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are so many things to love on this card! I am definetly going to be making some pom pom flowers though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! this is so perfect! I love all the extra touches(foam for layering)and the boa type rim :) I'd luv the file and I def wouldn't mind donating
    thanks so much, Tina
    tfoley55@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! I love all the extra added features. Your dimensionals are brilliant! What a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its so nice you would want to wear it, specially with all the pretty feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely cute! I love it! jenny.naus@yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. SOOOOO Cute! Just love all of the details!
    Shelly
    mypaperlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is sooo cute I love everything about it, very pretty. Thank you for being apart of Fun 'n'Flair's Fun Fridays Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful! I had to stop by and see this close up! I always love seeing all the layers you stack into your cards and I love you homemade foam layers! Great idea! The boa is a very cute touch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love EVERYTHING about this card!! It is so great! The pom pom, the layers, the dimension, the feathers at the bottom!! I love it so much!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this card is sooo awesome! best card I have seen in a while!!! I am in awe!! :)

    Candace

    www.scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, beautiful work!! I love all the details and the fluffy boa on the bottom...SO CUTE! Love it! I am a new follower, please stop and visit me and follow too:) Good luck in the challenges!!!
    Sherrie K.
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card super cute..
    Just became a new follower..Would love it if you decided to follow my blog.
    Minta
    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! I have a blog award for you. Check it out here: http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com/2011/03/versatile-blogger-award.html
    Have a great day!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAY! I just became your 100th follower! I came over from the More Than Favors Page and wanted to tell you I love your beautiful card! What a way to incorporate several challenges! -Raquel @ raquelsdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is so fun! I can't get over all of the detail you put into this. It is definitely a work of art! I love, love, love your creation! Great job with the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Marlene, this card is so awesome!! I love the maribou! I'm a March birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the Birthday Hat from Doodlecharms. Would you be so kind and send me the cut file? Thanking you in advance.

    ronniegintx@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful, fun card that will be perfect for my Granddaughter. Please sent the .cut file. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this little birthday hat! Is the cut file for this project still available??
    lswilliams225@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.