Monday, March 28, 2011

FCCB Challenge Me Monday #53 - Spring Rosette Lollipops






















Supplies Used:













Cricut Expresion, Cricut Mini Monograms Cartridge, Cricut Doodlecharms Cartridge, Cricut Simply Charmed Cartridge, Cricut Simply Charmed Cartridge, PaperRosette Cut File_ScrappinCookie, Bazzill Cardstock, K&CO 'Lovely' Specialty Paper, Lara's Crafts Rub-On Doll Faces, Signo White Pen, Peanut Butter Easter M&M's, Misc - Cereal Boxes, Ribbon, Plastic Skewers

































The weather is starting to feel a bit nicer, you can hear the birds chirping, and if you look very closely you can see the flowers blooming. That can only mean ONE thing - SPRING is finally on its way! And to give it a nice and warm welcome, Fantabulous Cricut is having a SPRING challenge.

























This week's Challenge Me Monday #53 is all about Looks Like SPRING. Simply create a card or project using any SPRING time theme.





















I decided to welcome SPRING into my house with this adorable trio of Spring Rosette Lollipops.


































Each lollipop measures about 4 3/8" in diameter. The scalloped circles were cut with the Mini Monograms Cartridge at 4 3/8". I first cut out the scallops in "chipboard" - aka Cereal Boxes - to give the lollipops more stability and to be able to sandwich them between the plastic skewer. 


































I then layered a 3 5/8" circle cut out of coordinating cardstock. I used my PaperRosette Cut File to create the paper rosettes. On top, I layered a 2" scalloped and a 1 3/4" circle, both cut from the Mini Monogram Cartridge.


































I used the adorable little duckie from the Simply Charmed Cartridge. I cut it out twice at 1 1/2" to give it some dimension. Again, I used the Lara Crafts Rub-On Doll Faces to bring the duckie to life. 


































This BeautiFly is from the Create A Critter Cartridge. It was also cut out at 1 1/2", but its layers were cut 1/8" smaller. 































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































The bunny comes from the Doodlecharms Cartridge and was cut at 1 1/2" too. I used the oval from Plantin SchoolBook to make the inside of the ears. I used Lara's Crafts Rub-On Doll Faces and chalked in some cheeks. 




























































The Lollipops were inserted into a glass bottle filled with "robin eggs" - aka Peanut Butter M&M's. To finish the SPRING Rosette Lollipop Trio I added a 7/8" wide white satin ribbon. OMG! I just remembered I was going to add a small banner strip with a spring message to each lollipop. Oops!

















Here they are sitting pretty in my living, welcoming SPRING


































How do you plan to welcome SPRING? For more SPRING inspiration, be sure to head on over to the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog and see all the amazing SPRING projects the remaining DT members have come up with. Be sure to link up your SPRING projects by Sunday April 3rd at 11:59 EST

























































































































 

These SPRING Rosette Lollipops were also entered into the following challenges:

*My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #1 - Tie A Bow

21 comments:

  1. These rosette lollipops are so cute! I love the spring color paper too! Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marlene, I saw your project on FCCB and I had to come by...these are sooo cute! Love all the details and the papers you chose. I'll be making some of these for my kitchen table...my kids will LOVE them!! TFS! I'm your newest follower. :-)

    ~Sharon C.
    http://inthebigbluehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...my...goodness...these are just too cute! Oh what sweet little faces..just adorable! Love them all, great colors, great patterns, great detail...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look fabulous, Marlene! What wonderful jelly bean jars!! I just love the different layers, colours and dimension. They're so perfect for a spring centrepiece!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I really like it. Girl #2 (I have 4 so yes I number them! lol) at my house will love to make this. She likes any project that includes taking trash and making it a treasure. Now I'm off to find some glass bottles... :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Marlene! I love the layers and the springy colors! The paper you selected-- Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    this is really a great idea, i will made a few one for my home. I add your blogadress and i send you a picture!
    Greets Sabina

    ReplyDelete
  8. These lollipops are so cute. Lots of great projects on your blog.

    Just subscribed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are soooooo adorable----I love the bottles and I really love the M & M's.You did a fantastic job.
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are fantastic. I think I will be dong those for my daycare kids treats this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marlene, these are soooooooooooo stinking cute!!! Love, love , love this!! ( FCCB )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! These are so cute..you did a wonderful job on these. Just awesome.
    Lisa C FCCB~~DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love these Marlene, what a sweet creations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marlene, I love these..........the paper rosettes look awesome, with those little bunny faces. Great idea!
    I would love the cut file, please.
    t.elementz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. How adorable...and I love the presentation! Thanks for sharing!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marlene,

    These are great and I would love to try them. Could you e-mail me the cut file?? salido99@msn.com
    I love your blog, your projects are so inspiring.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Soooo cute! You should enter this in my Tie a bow challenge!

    http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-craft-spot-monday-challenge-1-and.html

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you shared your adorable lollipops with us!!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just a note to let you know this project and your blog are featured in this week's Weekly blend over at http://scrappyjavagirl.blogspot.com/

    Beth

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.