Friday, March 11, 2011

My Baby You'll Be....

Cricut Expression, Cricut Design Studio, Cricut Create A Critter, Cricut Simply Charmed(flower), Bazzill "African Daisy", "Quick Sand", "Vibrant Blue" Cardstock, Heidi Grace Designs "Baby Boy" Collection, Fiskars Threading Water Punch, Recollection Pearl, DMC Floss

Hello Everybody,

Let start off by apologizing for the HORRIBLE pictures. We were having a horrible rain day yesterday when these pictures were taken.

Lately, I've been inspired to make a few cards and I have a feeling that this won't be the last one *HINT HINT*.  Inspiration for this card came from - again - three different challenges.


Firstly, I was inspired by Debbie Carriere's I'll Love You Forever Card. Debbie used a CTMH stamp called "Love You Forever". Unfortunately, CTMH doesn't have digital stamps available yet, which then triggered the idea to create the same scene using Cricut cuts.

I based the card on Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 107 by Karen Giron. Karen was so kind and suggested what size to cut out the little squares and rectangle on the card - which made it soo much easier.



I fell in LOVE with the cute little image of the Mommy Bird & Chickie and the sentiment hit home. As you all know I'm mom to two little boys and they will also be MY BABY - despite how much they don't like it when I call them BABY.


To create the scene I turned to my two new favorite carts - Create A Critter and Simply Charmed. I used Design Studio to size everything so I can't provide you with any exact measurements. All cuts except for the flower - which is from Simply Charmed - are from Create  A Critter. Now that I look at it, I think I should have made the cuts a bit bigger.

This card also demonstrates how you can use a TREE in your cards, which is what the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #50 is all about. If you haven't entered your TREE card yet, you still have time. The challenge closes Sunday at 12 midnight.


I used VERY old papers from Heidi Grace Designs, which came to mind when I saw the Color Throwndown #132 palette.

Instead of using the SU! colors suggested, I used the closest Bazzill colors I had - Whirlpool, African Daisy, Quick Sand, Vibrant Blue.

I created the sentiment in Photoshop and printed it on my white cardstock before gluing down the Cricut cuts. If you're interested in the sentiment, it will available thru my Etsy Store for ONLY $0.99.



The inside of the card was left blank, so I could write a more personal message when the occasion raises.

That's all for this card, but be sure to check back on Sunday, March 13th for some information. **HINT HINT**

3 comments:

  1. This is really pretty! The sentiment is awesome and I really like the tree and birds. Very cute! Thanks for playing along at Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the layout and your cute little scene! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Marlene!! Love the sweet sentiment and the birds on the tree branch. It all goes so well together!

    Kimberly
    My Craft Spot
    http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.