Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pot O' Gold



Cricut Expression, Cricut Design Studio, Cricut Paper Doll Dress Up Cartridge, Cricut Create A Critter Cartridge(banner), Bazzill 'Blackbird' Cardstock, Martha Stewart Doily Lace Punch, Uni-ball Signo White Pen, Ferrero Rocher Chocolate Truffles, Misc - Ribbon, Craft Wire, Gift Bag, Chipboard(cereal box)

After making a total of 5 cards, I've been dying to make something more 3D-ish. And with St. Patrick's Day around the corner I decided to go with a Pot O' Gold.


This was so much fun and felt so good to do. It was designed in Design Studio and is very similar to my Star-Shaped Favor Box and Heart Box.


It measures about 4.5" x 4" x 1.5".


The cauldron is from the Paper Doll Dress Up Cartridge and was cut out in a Chipboard - aka Cereal Box - base first to give the Pot O' Gold Box some sturdiness. I then cut out 2 more cauldrons using Bazzill 'Blackbird' Cardstock. I cut-off the "Gold" from one of the black cauldrons and replaced it with some "Gold" I cut using an old gold-colored gift bag. I love the "shiny" effect the gift bag gave to the "Gold" - almost looks real.


Before assembling it all together, I embossed swirl to the bottom left corner. The swirl is actually a Sizzix Die-Cut that I taped to the back of the cauldron and then ran thru my Cuttlebug twice. Added some white lines with my Signo White Pen - LOVE that pen!


I then added a strip of the Martha Stewart Doily Lace Punch, Ribbon, a shomrock, and a "Lucky" Banner. The banner is from the Create A Critter Cartridge. I designed the sentiment using Photoshop and a Freebie Digital Mini Kit from Delicious Scraps.


The Pot O' Gold Box has ample room to fit several pieces of candy, toys, coins, etc. I was able to fit 8 pieces of Ferrero Rocher Chocolate Truffles!


I will be entering this Pot O' Gold into the following challenges:
*Cricut Chirp Newsletter

Pot O' Gold Cut File
Items Needed:
*Cricut Expression
*Cricut Design Studio
*Cricut Paper Doll Dress Up Cartridge
*Cricut Plantin SchoolBook Cartrdge
Cut File is available via comment request. The .cut file comes in the form of a .zip file and includes pictures, TOU, and .cut file. Due to the time spent on this .cut file, I would greatly appreciate if you were able to DONATE a little somethin' somethin' when requesting the file.
Thanks!




25 comments:

  1. Wow, such an awesome idea! Thanks for celebrating the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on this pot of gold. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CTO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute and yummy too! You did a wonderful job on this project. Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whow... This is a lovely creation!!
    I Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great St. Patty's Day treat holder! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO COOL! I love that you did it in 3D! Thanks for playing at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super job, nice colors. It is absolutely beautiful I want to sample the gold (lol)TFS
    Thanks for joining us @ CTO
    http://www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, YOU ROCKED OUR CHALLENGE! I think you accomplished what you set out to do! Thanks so much for Celebrating the Occasion with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a fabulous idea, your pot of gold is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is to die for! I hope the leprechaun leaves me one of those babies :) -Paper Panther
    purplepeepstechniques.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely fabulous!!! Cathryn67 :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute pot of gold! I would love to make one for my family
    Thanks,Pat
    pwells1@hvc.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, oh, oh!!! I love this!!! 3D items always make me smile! Paper is so versatile! :) Great job!!

    Thanks for Celebrating the Occasion with us!!

    Maquel
    http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute treat box! I love the sparkly paper! Thanks for joining us this week at CTO! :o)

    Lisa
    prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to have this file. How do i convert a .cut file into a gypsy file tho. Thanks Nicole
    zarranicole@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is TOTALLY adorable! Definitely my kind of a pot of gold. Amazing job and details. Thanks for joining us for Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the use of the gift bag for the "gold stuff." It how creative.

    Dana
    danasimaginationcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice...love all the detail! Thank you for Celebrating The Occasion with us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an awesome idea to recycle your cereal box for chipboard, brilliant! Great idea to use a gift bag for the gold too! Of course you can't go wrong with Ferrero Rocher either :) Thanks for playing along with us at CTO!

    - Rayna
    http://purplepeepstechniques.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. One word. Wow.

    Many words. This is GREAT!! Congrats on winning at CTO last week!!

    Hope you'll join us again at Celebrate The Occasion this week!!

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute Pot of Gold!! Congrats on winning this week & thanks for joining us @ CTO! :)
    Linda:)
    www.fancyframework.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your pot of gold, absolutely gorgeous. I am new to the Cricut and would love to try this project. Would you please send me the cut file? I appreciate it.
    timetocricut@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love, Love your pot of Gold! Could I please have the cut file.

    debbysr@gmail.com

    Thank you,
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your pot of gold! I would like to get the cut file please.

    debbysr@gmail.com

    Thank you,
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.