Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Season Of Friendship

Pin It Now!

Cricut Expression, Cricut Stretch Your Imagination Cartridge, Cricut My Community Cartridge, Cricut Accent Essentials Cartridge, Cricut Create A Critter Cartridge, Basic Grey Paper, Melissa Frances Paper(pink polka dots), K&CO Paper(green grass), Bazzill Cardstock, American Craft Cardstock(blue), Season Of Friends Digital Stamp_ScrappinCookie, Recollections Pearls

Hello Everyone!

This weeks challenge at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog has me seeing TREES even in my dreams! There are so many ways to use a TREE on your cards, layouts, projects, etc. Today's card uses the TREE cut from Stretch Your Imagination to show how friendships last all year round.


The TREE is from the Stretch Your Imagination Cartridge and was cut at 3.5" inches. The leaves - green, orange, & red - were also cut at 3.5" inches.


I used Create A Critter's "Tree1/Layer4" - or is it "Tree2" I have to double check - for the pink flowers. I layered them 3 times crumpling and turning as I glued them down. Centered them with a small white pearl from Recollections(Michael's Brand) and added some Cotton Candy Stickles to the edges. I don't remember what I size I cut them in, as I did the sizing in DS and it closed before I could save.


The snowflakes are from Accent Essentials and again sized with DS, so I can't give you an exact cut size. I added some Frosted Lace Stickles and a blue gem to the center to give it a more "winter-ish" feel.


The little chickie on the TREE top is from the My Community Cartridge. It comes along with a Mother Hen and two other little ones. I simply used DS to resize him and "Hid Contour" the rest of the family.

I used red & orange cardstock to symbolize the leaves turning colors in the "Fall."


To create the banner, I took a piece of .75" x 4" cardstock, made a few scorelines and then printed my sentiment on it.

The sentiment was designed by and inspired by a Stampin Up stamp I had seen before. The sentiment will be available for purchase thru my etsy store later today for only $0.99.


The card is based on this month's sketch at i{heart}2stamp by Jen del Muro. Again, I used  my own foam tape to give the card some dimension.
I hope this has inspired you to dust of your Cricut TREE Cartridges and come play with us at FCCB.

TFL!

6 comments :

BugBites said...

Marlene -= this is absolutely gorgeous. i love the idea of all season on one tree. It rocks!!!
Great to be designing with you at FCCB.

Denise DuFrene said...

Love your work Marleen...thanks for sharing...

Tanya said...

Oh my! This card is just out of this world gorgeous! What a beautiful creation! I love all the layers and colors and bling..great card!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!!
Love the sentiment.
PJ(Jessie Adams)

Kate said...

I love your card. TFS.

Kate said...

This is SO clever - and beautifully, beautifully done! What a gorgeous card!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.