Sunday, April 10, 2011

Birthday Sundaes Challenge #4 - Sweet Birthday

Pin It Now!







Supplies Used:

Cricut Expression, Cricut Birthday Bash Cartridge, Cricut Storybook Cartridge, Bazzill 'Avalanche',  'Pollen', 'Quick Sand' Cardstock, The Paper Company Cardstock(smooth white), Imaginisce 'Love is in the Air' Paper(solid pink), Frances Meyer 'Pink Thin Strips' Paper, Cuttlebug Machine, Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' Embosing Folder,  My Craft Spot 'Petal Pink' Crinkle Ribbon, Jillibean Soup 'Yellow' Twine, Sweet n' Sassy 'Sweet Birthday' Digi Sentiments, Misc - Lace, Flowers, Thread

























Happy Sunday!













































This week's Birthday Sundaes Challenge #4 is all about PHOTO INSPIRATION and just look at the BEAUTIFUL photo that Kristie has found for us! Doesn't it make you want a HUGE Ice Cream Sundae?























This DELICIOUS photo comes from the Eat, Drink, Chic Blog by Amy Moss. Amy  provides style inspiration, D.I.Y & free stationery printables for parties, entertaining, weddings, and so much more.













So, Birthday Sundaes challenges you to create a card based on this PHOTO INSPIRATION by Amy Moss. Some ideas are to include an ice cream on your card, maybe a banner, or go with the colors - pink, yellow, and white.










 








Once I saw the PHOTO INSPIRATION, I knew immdiately what I wanted to do. I remembered I had some patterened paper EXACTLY like the wallpaper & I had just recieved my Cricut Birthday Bash Cartridge, which has some banner cuts. The ideas were just flowing in.





I came across a sketch by the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and a beautiful card by Claire Buswell - one of the DT members, which was perfect for this PHOTO INSPIRATION. I based my card on the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #39.





The banner was cut at 1" - I think - using the Cricut Birthday Bash Cartridge.






The sentiment is from the Sweet Birthday Digi Stamp Set by Sweet n' Sassy Stamps. I printed it out on a label from the Cricut Storybook Cartridge - sorry can't remember the size. Used my homemade deminsionals to pop it out a bit.






All stitching was done by hand. Someday I'll get myself a sewing machine - someday.



I LOVED what Claire Buswell did with her Best Wishes card. I CASED her layered ribbon tie at each end of the banner. I used Lace, Crinkle Ribbon from My Craft Spot, and Jillibean Soup Twine.






The inside of the card continues the sketch and was left blank for later.






Now, head on over to the Birthday Sundaes Blog to see more YUMMY cards using the PHOTO INSPIRATION. And although we are playing for FUN this week, don't forget to link up your NEW PHOTO INSPIRATION Birthday card by Saturday, April 16th 11:59 EST. All cards entered before April 14th are eligiable to be part of the SUPER SUNDAES featured every Friday!




































7 comments :

Michelle said...

Marlene, you rocked this challenge! This card is so amazing! I'm in love with every inch of this card! Shabby Gorgeous!

Candice said...

I love your card. The flower embellishments are beautiful.

Cindy Vernon said...

Lovely card!

Bella Scrapbook Designs said...

Love this card!! I have a lot of paper roses and don't really know how to use them. You just inspired me.
Ps. I have been trying to leave a comment under your spring post but can't
Www.bellascrapbookdesigns.blogspot.com

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Kristie said...

Fantastic take on the inspiration challenge! I love the card layout and those fabulous banner ends, the flowers with the ribbon are so pretty!!

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Wow, this is gorgeous...all your creations are lovely. :)

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.