Sunday, April 24, 2011

Birthday Sundaes Challenge #6 - 3D Cupcake





Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Design Studio, Cricut Plantin SchoolBook, DCWV Cardstock, Heidi Grace 'Cherrywood Lane' Paper, Lindt Chocolate Truffle, Tattered Angels 'Pearl' Glimmer Mist, Everyday {365} Birthday Digi Stamps, Misc - Lace, Rose, Candle




Happy Easter Everyone! I hope you all have  GREAT day!




This week at Birthday Sundaes we have a SPECIAL BIRTHDAY challenge for you! That's right NO CARDS! For Birthday Sundaes Challenge #6, create a birthday gift packaging, party favor, invitation, cupcake toppers/wrappers, banners, treat boxes, etc. Anything for a SPECIAL BIRTHDAY!








Who doesn't LOVE a cupcake? They make the perfect size treat for a SPECIAL BIRTHDAY! So instead of baking one, I decided to make one out of paper. I used my Cricut Design Studio and Plantin SchoolBook cartridge to create this approximately 4" x 3.75" x 3.50" cupcake. It was designed in two pieces - the cupcake & the wrapper.








I made my cupcake out of "chocolate" and used one of my FAVORITE papers - Heidi Grace 'Cherrywood Lane' - for the wrapper. I inked the edges of the "cupcake" to give it a more burnt/chocolate look. I topped it off with some "whipped cream" - lace trim - and a beautiful rose holding a candle with a birthday sentiment from Everday {365} Birthday Digi Stamp set.








The picture doesn't do justice to the spritz of Tattered Angels 'Pearl' Glimmer Mist I used on the rose. Some it also fell on the "cupcake" and it gave it such a nice glow and presence. Wish I knew how to picture that.








I filled the "cupcake" with Lindt Lindor Chocolate Truffles. I only put about 6 pieces inside, but a few more would have fit nicely. Oh! just noticed I should have used double-sided colored cardstock.








To close the "cupcake", you simply overlap the three smaller flaps and then overlap the three larger flaps. I used a pair Magentic Discs hidden between one of the flaps and the rose to keep the "cupcake" closed.  You could also close the cupcake using a brad or adhesive.



Well, thats it for my SPECIAL BIRTHDAY treat. I hope it has inspired you to create your own SPECIAL BIRTHDAY project. But be sure to check out the Birthday Sundaes Challenge Blog for more wonderful SPECIAL BIRTHDAY ideas.



Cupcake CUT File
items required:
*Cricut Expression
*Cricut Design Studio
*Cricut Plantin SchoolBook
Cut File is available via comment request. The .cut file comes in the form of a
.zip file and includes pictures, TOU, and .cut file. Due to the time  spent on this .cut file, I would greatly appreciate if you were able to DONATE a little somethin' somethin' when requesting the file.




Thanks!


























































35 comments:

  1. This looks good enough to eat! I love it!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful...so creative! Love the cupcake...the papers you chose are so pretty! TFS!

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! What a gorgeous cupcake! I would love the cut file! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is such a creative project! I love the colors and the all the details of this delicious cupcake! You always have the most amazing creations! Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute cupcake!! I would love your cut file. Thank you so much.

    Kathleen
    kj_riley4953@q.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to leave my contact information! gikinney1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing!! You really took this challenge and knocked it out of the park. I love beautiful flower on top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am new to using the design studio. Would this work with a regular Cricut and not the E? If it would, I would love the cut file!

    Thanks, Shannon

    slworgan@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marlene this project is THE project. I love how this cupcake came out... just amazing.
    Thanks for sharing your talent, I am so honored to be in the same DT with you!
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forgot to leave my email address when I asked for the cut file for the cupcake. Thank you again! gikinney1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to cut this rose! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely too cute for words :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry for posting two sets of comments, but I was wondering if you could please e-mail me your cut file for this project. Again, Thanks so much! :D

    maliha0606@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I just saw you featured on Fantabulous Cricut, and I had to get over here to check this out. Amazing! Cutest paper cupcake I've ever seen! I'm a new follower of your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very amazing.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Please send me karina1908@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is awesome! Extremely clever and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loooove this project!!! I actually donate something for you :) this is my email
    alexandra.gonzalez1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!! I love your 3D cupcake - amazing!

    Kimberly
    My Craft Spot

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this cupcake!! I would love the cute file please.

    ElishaCarter@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the cupcake! I am a new follower and would love the .cut file if you would share it. Thank you!

    mb6464@hotmail.com
    http://marciasmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This cupcake is beautiful. I absolutely love it...Makes me wish I had down loaded DS, it sits on the shelf, and I use the gypsy.
    Dawn RI
    abosoffit@hotmail.com

    dawnsdpl-papercrafting.blogspot.com
    Im teaching myself to blog. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a fabulous project. I just love it. Please send me your cut file (I sent a donation) to paradiddle at ameritech dot net.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adorable Cupcake! Would LOVE the cut file!
    Sandy in Utah
    scrappinmaniac2001@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. How adorable. Would love to have the cut file. Very cute and nice. csendykar@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your cupcake file! What a perfect little gift for someone special! I would love it if I could get a copy of your file at cmwltr@tx.rr.com. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just found your blog and this super adorable cupcake file. If by chance you are still giving it out, I would so love it.
    Thanks
    Brenda burffrau @ aol dot com

    http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. omg, u did such an awesome job. can i please have the cut file? would greatly appreciate it!
    heres my email Lonsomhrt@aol.com.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It is such a cute idea, I really love the cupcake - I hope you dont mind when I will cut your cupcake too :-)

    Thank you for sharing


    cold__like__ice@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. This cupcake is "Too Cute" I would like to try making it too. Can you please send me a cut file. I have already sent you a donation. Thank You!

    veez163@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. This cupcake is "Too Cute!" I would like to try making it. Please send me the cut file. I have made a donation. Thank You!

    veez163@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG! What a lovely cupcake. I love to bake and craft and I would be so happy to get the cut file. You are so talented, I´m a cardmaker from Sweden who found your blog to day.
    Thank´s for sharing.

    anna.martin81@gmail.com

    /Anna

    ReplyDelete
  32. Can I get this cut file? I am trying to make something for a coworker's birthday and I just love this!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.