Saturday, April 9, 2011

Blowing Candles

Pin It Now!






Designed2Delight 'Cup Cake' Digi Stamp, Bazzill 'Bitter Chocolate', 'Quick Sand' Cardstock, Heidi Grace Designs 'Cherrywood Lane' Collection, The Paper Company Cardstock(white), Queen & CO 'Pearl' Pearls, American Craft 'Simply Chic' Ribbon, Stickles 'Yellow', Everyday {365} Birthday Digi Stamps, Martha Stewart Doily Lace Punch, PrismaColor Pencils, Misc - flower, baby oil.








Hi!





***Let me try this again...I apologize for the unlinked links, but a SPAM comment has caused some erros on my blog. I'm trying to fix it all out***








Over at Birthday Sundaes we have our FIRST Sponsor - Designed2Delight, who has generously supplied the design team with images to work with and 2 awesome prizes for the participants. Please check out the Birthday Sundaes post for all the details.

In addition we have an ANYTHING GOES Birthday Challenge opened 'til Saturday, April 9th; 11:59PM EST.

For my DT Reveal last Sunday, I used Neighbors Digi Stamp for my Beary Special Birthday Card.








Today's card features Designed2Delight's 'Cup Cake' Digi Stamp.
















The card is based on this week's Mojo Monday 185 Contest Sketch. Since I discovered Mojo Monday/Verve Stamps I've been trying to get/win some but luck hasn't been on my side. Maybe I'll have better luck this time.
















The image was printed out three different times. To create the wrapper, I printed out the image in patterned paper, cut it out and layered it on top of the original image.
















I colored in the cupcake and candle with PrismaColor Pencils, blended it in with Baby Oil and used my homemade dimensional to layer it on top of the wrapper. I added 'Yellow' Stickles to the candle flame for a touch of glow. I also outlined the cupcake portion with my Scent-Sibles scented gel pen to give the card a scent of chocolate. Wish you could smell it.
















The sentiment is from the Everyday {365} Birthday Digi Stamps by Karen Lewis. They can be purchased at The Digi Chick Shoppe.








The sketch was carried into the inside, which was left blank for a more personal message.
















Don't forget to link up your NEW ANYTHING GOES Birthday card by Saturday, April 9th 11:59 EST for your chance to win ONE of TWO prizes sponsored by Designed2Delight.


















































































































1 comments :

Kristen said...

You did a wonderful job on your card. Thank You for joining us this week at CTO

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.