Monday, April 4, 2011

FCCB Challenge Me Monday #54 - Rain Puddles


Cricut Expression, Cricut Design Studio, Cricut Create A Critter Cartridge, American Craft Cardstock(puddle, splash), Bazzill 'Berry Blush', 'Pollen', 'Mango', 'Sea Salt' Cardstock, Echo Park 'Walk in the Park' Collection, Prima Flower, Jillibean Soup 'Orange' Twine, Signo White Pen, ZIG Black Pen, Misc - Thread














Hello!















Everyone knows the saying "April Showers bring May Flowers" and thats what this week's Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday #54 is all about! And it seriously couldn't have been assigned to a better week - this week's weather forecast for my area is a complete week of RAIN!
















So in honor of APRIL SHOWERS, for the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday #54 all you have to is create a project using an Umbrella or Hat.
















A few weeks ago while browsing some Scrappy Blogs, I came across this quote - "When life gives you Rain, Play in the Puddles" - and immediately knew I wanted to use it for FCCB's Challenge Me Monday #54 APRIL SHOWERS. It became the inspriation for this card.









 The card was based on last week's Mojo Monday 184 Sketch.
































Now, don't be shocked, but I only used ONE cartridge to create this card! All cuts are from the Create A Critter Cartridge.





















The Duckie and Boots were cut at 1 3/4". The Umbrella was cut at 1 5/8". The Puddle is from the "Hippo Accessory" on page 44 of the Handbook and was resized with Design Studio to 1.742" x .472".  The little "splash" is from the "Whale Phrase" on page 41 of the Handbook - I snipped off the rest of the phrase.



















I used Peachy Keen's PK-754 Critter Faces Set Medium on the Duckie. This is my FIRST time using Peachy Keen Stamps, so I'm still learning how to work with them. But they are the BEST stamps I have worked with - absolutely LOVE them! I can't believe I waited this long to try them out. They give you a smooth and clean stamped image every time. I used the Gelly Roll White Pen to fill in the eyes and an Orange PrismaColor colored pencil for the beak.  
















To make the Duckie "splash" in the puddle, I snipped off one of her legs and readhered it in an angle.








The senitment was created using Photoshop Elements, as I couldn't find it anywhere else.







That's it for my APRIL SHOWERS card, but head on over to the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog to see the amazing project the remaing DT members have in store for you.








Don't forget to link up your APRIL SHOWERS project using an Umbrella or Hat by Sunday, April 10th at 11:59 EST for your chance to randomly win this week's prize.


























































































































7 comments:

  1. Oh, this is soo sweet! Love how you made that lil' duckie splash...cute polka dot umbrella too!! TFS!

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card!
    PJ(Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Marlene! Those papers are perfect! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so sweet! I love circle cards! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you for real? This is so stinkin' adorable! I too just tried PKS--seriously--they are amazing huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable!!! I just became a follower! Would love it if you popped over to my blog.
    mypaperlove.blogspot.com
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is super cute! Thanks so much for the sweet comments you left on my blog today ;)
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.