Monday, April 25, 2011

FCCB Challenge Me Monday #57 - Wonderful Mother

Pin It Now!



Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Design Studio, Cricut Accent Essentials Cartridge, Cricut Storybook Cartridge, Bazzill 'Parakeet' 'Piglet' 'Sea Salt' 'Swiss Dots' Cardstock, Echo Park 'Playful Stripes' 'Sunshine' Paper, K&CO 'Lovely' Specialty Pad,  The Paper Company Cardstock(white), Nestabilities Lg Circle Dies, Queen & CO 'Pearl' Pearls, Stickles 'Frosted Lace', Signo White Pen, Stampin Up 'Well Scripted' Digi Stamps, Misc - Ribbon, Vellum. Card Size: 5.5" x 5.5"



Hi!



I hope everyone had a GREAT Easter! Can you believe its the last week of April?! Where did the time go? With April almost finished its time to think about MOTHER'S DAY, which happens to be in about 2 weeks! 



So, this week's FCCB's Challenge Me Monday #57 is all about MOM. Make a project for that special lady with the word MOM(or mommy, mother, mum, etc) on it.






I have to be honest and admit that this card was made at the VERY last minute. I had a busy week and with Easter this past Sunday, I lost track of time. I needed something that would be quick and simple to put together. What better than card?!

I used an older Sweet Sunday Sketch #83 by Karen Giron.
















The Flowers - cut at 1.375", 1" & .75" - and Leaves - cut at .675" - were cut from the Accent Essentials. The middle flower has 6 layers and the two smaller ones have 4 layers. I used a brad to hold it all together and then added a pearl.




The scalloped circle -resized with DS to 4.xx" - and border - resized with DS to 5.25" wide - were also cut from Accent Essentials. I could have also used it to cut out the circle patterned paper and sentiment cardstock, but I wanted to give it the Nestabilities embossed border, so I used that instead.




The Butterfly was cut using the Storybook Cartridge at 1.25" - now, I can't remeber if that's real dial size or not. I added an outline of 'Frosted Lace' Stickles and three tiny pearls to the body.


Now, its YOUR turn! Create a beautiful card or project using the word MOM and link it up to the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday entry by May 1st, 11:59 PM EST for your chance to win this week's prize - an April Showers Cricut Cartridge!























9 comments :

Luv Scrapping Together said...

This is gorgeous, Marlene!

Hugs,
Saundra :)

Kate said...

What a pretty card, Marlene! I especially like your layered flowers!

Lisa said...

This is just beautiful! Awesome job...thanks for sharing!

Lisa N.
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

This is stunning! Love it!

Samantha Ball - aka (Craftychick74) said...

Hi Marlene

Your cards are soo beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.

I have given you an award at http://craftychickcards.blogspot.com/2011/04/stylish-blogger-award.html

Happy Crafting
Sam xx

Rae Finke said...

Your card is just elegant! I love it! Great job with the challenge.

Cheryl said...

What a pretty card! I love all the details that you have done :)

BugBites said...

Marlene- this is so pretty. I love your work. I have an award for you so hop over and pick it up. Bugbites411@blogspot.com

Jovan said...

This is a beautiful card! Love the colors.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.