Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Fancy Hat














Supplies Used:






Cricut Expression, Cricut Design Studio, Cricut Freshly Picked Cartridge, Bazzill 'Berry Blush', 'Lily Pond' Cardstock, DCWV Cardstock(Flower), Imaginisce 'Love is in the Air' Paper, Studio G Stamp, Queen & CO 'Pearl' Pearls, Signo White Pen, DMC Floss, Misc - button, lace














This week's Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday #54 is all about APRIL SHOWERS - simply use an umbrella or hat on your project. For the DT reveal on Monday, I featured the Umbrella from the Create A Critter cartridge on my Rain Puddles card.

Today's card was inspired by FCCB's APRIL SHOWERS challenge and a few others.

















































The Shabby Tea Room is having a "Spring Color Challenge" and asks that we create a card or project based on the colors from the  inspiration picture {yellow, pink, green, peach & lavender} and a neutral (white, cream, kraft)! 

At least, that was the plan. I started off with the pinks and greens, but then the colors started taking a wrong turn. I went with a darker color than 'Lavender' for my flower - it just matched better. My yellow can be found in the center of my flower as a button.




























Over at the Imaginisce Blog, they are "Piecing It Together'. This Month's Challenge is all about paper piecing, layering your paper and embellishments to create a one of a kind image. I used the Cricut Freshly Picked cartridge to create this lovely Spring Hat. I used an older Imaginisce paper called 'Love is in the Air' from their 2008 collection 'Love Me'. I've been saving this sheet since then and finally decided to use it. The pink strip on the hat is the backside of the paper, which is a lovely pink distressed pattern.


















































This week's challenge at Paper Sundaes has a Spring Blossom theme. The flower was cut out and layered 3 times. I inked the edges and crumpled the flower before layering each. I centered it with a yellow button floss tied bow.




























I felt this card needed to be simple and delicate when it came to the layering. I managed to keep it to three layers - the base, pink shadow, and the top pattern layer.


























I added some Queen & CO pearls and some Signo White Pen dots.


























I also decorated the inside with the flower and a pink paper trim instead of the lace trim.













Fancy Spring Hat
required items
*Cricut Expression
*Cricut Design Studio
*Cricut Freshly Picked Cartridge











Cut File is available via comment request. The .cut file comes in the form of a
.zip file and includes pictures, TOU, and .cut file. Due to the time spent on this .cut file, I would greatly appreciate if you were able to DONATE a little somethin' somethin' when requesting the file.

Thanks!










































































































































































































































































































































1 comment:

  1. What a fun Spring card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.