Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Birthday Sundaes Challenge #8 - Happy Happy Birthday

Pin It Now!




Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Mini Monograms Cartridge, Bazzil 'Berry Blush' Cardstock, The Paper Company(white), K & CO 'Lovely' Specialty Paper, Nestabilities Lg Circles, Queen & CO 'Pearl' Pearls, WordArt by Bethany, DMC Floss, Misc - Lace, Flower




Just as promised, I'm back with this week's Birthday Sundaes - It's A Recipe Challenge card. This week create a Birthday Card using the following:




3 Different Embellishments




&




2 Patterned Papers






I thought I was going to have a really tough time with the 3 EMBELLISHMENTS, but then I found the perfect sketch - Mojo Monday 190 - that inspired and pull together this card.

                  













My 2 PATTERNED PAPERS are from the "Lovely" K & CO stack.

My 3 EMBELLISMENTS are the Pink Rose, Lace/Trim, and Pearls.














The sentiment is from WordArt by Bethany. I altered the WordArt a bit to better fit my idea.






The inside of the card also reflects the sketch, only that I made the frame bigger for the personal message.






OK, if you haven't already done so, head on over to the Birthday Sundaes Blog to check out what the rest of the DT has put together for you. And don't forget to link up your card by Saturday, May 14th at 11:59 PM EST for a chance to be part of the Super Sundaes.






























6 comments :

Amy said...

That is a beautiful card! The rose and pearls are so pretty with the lace!

Regina said...

The birthday card is beautiful. All of your cards are so sweet. I enjoy your work.

Amber said...

This is gorgeous Marlene! I'm happy to see your posts have returned! It is so frustrating to put all that work into posting your beautiful creations just to have problems with blogger. Your card for this week is beautiful too! I love your gorgeous paper combos!

Sherrie K. said...

Such a beautiful card, Marlene! It's just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Tina said...

This is probably a really silly question but when you make a card like this with a somewhat larger embellishment, what do you do about envelopes?? I love this card and like to make them, but tend to shy away from them due to them being too big. Thanks!
Tina
http://myhoppyplace.blogspot.com/

Tracey said...

Such a pretty card Marlene, love all the details, your flower is gorgeous!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.