Monday, May 9, 2011

FCCB Challenge Me Monday #59 - Pencil Box Set






Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Design Studion, PencilBox_ScrappinCookie, Cricut Locker Talk Cartridge, Bazzill Cardstock, Scenic Route 'Appleton' Collection, EK Success 'Binding Edge' Punch, WordArt by Bethany




Hello,




I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day! We went out for breakfast, with my Mom, Dad, and Sisters. Later we went to my MIL's for lunch/dinner. It was a simple, yet pleasant day.




~*~




I can't believe that school is almost over and that the kids will be out for Summer Vacation. This could only mean TWO things - headaches and TEACHER GIFTS. And that's what FCCB's Challenge Me Monday #59 is all about - no not the headaces - TEACHER FEATURE. All you ahve to do this week is make a special project for a teacher with  the color RED on it - make sure to include at least ONE Cricut Cut.






Today's project is one that I've actually been holding off on showing you 'til today. My son's teacher is always saying how the "Pencil Monster" comes into the classroom to eat her student's pencils while they are away. So I decided to make her a Pencil Box to hold all those pencils safe, for Teacher's Day last week on May 3rd.







The idea generated after seeing Illina Crouse's First Day Ensemble at SplitCoast Stampers. I designed my own Pencil Box using the Plantin SchoolBox cartridge and Design Studio. My Pencil Box measures about 4" x 11" - this is a rough estimate since I no longer have the Pencil Box handy.


The "point" of the pencil is kept closed using a little tab that sticks out and fits into a slit on the "point". Hope that makes sense.

I also made a matching card - sorta. I used this week's MFTWSC #17 - I'm just loving these sketches. The pencil is from the Locker Talk cartridge. I cut the "shadow" at 1", but the layers had to be resized with DS, the original size by the cart didn't fit properly - they were too big.








For the inside of the card, I used a WordArt sentiment from WordArt by Bethany.


Now, its YOUR turn! Create a project using the color RED for a special TEACHER and link it up to the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday post by May 14th at 11:59 PM EST for your chance to win this week's prize.


Pencil Box
*items required
*Cricut Expression
*Cricut Design Studio
*Cricut Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge




Cut File is available via comment request. The .cut file comes in the form of a 
.zip file and includes pictures, TOU, and .cut file. Due to the time spent on this .cut file, I would greatly appreciate if you were able to DONATE a little somethin' somethin' when requesting the file.




Thanks!







































10 comments:

  1. OMG that is too cute! I love it. I been looking for ideas for my dd teacher. Thanks for sharing.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is crazy awesome!! I totally love it!! Your card is too cute and the pencil is great!!
    TFS!! TaKe Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic project and great colors!
    My grandkids would enjoy this.
    Sure will help them keep track of their pencils :0)
    Thanks for sharing.

    PJ(Jessie Adams)
    baseballclayfun@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pencil is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing. I would love the cut file for the pencil and also for the 3D cupcake. I donated a little something for you too! gikinney1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just looove it! Awesome gift for my students...

    my e-mail alexandra.gonzalez1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to do this projects. Thanks for all the great ideas.

    havja@comcast.net

    adeliz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally love your pencil box and even though you designed this a while ago I was wondering if you still have the cut file available.
    tanya@stampingt.com.au
    Cheers,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you still sharing the cut file? I would love to be able to do mini versions of these.

    -- dalis
    alidalis AT comcast DOT net

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.