Friday, May 13, 2011

Graduation Success Card




Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Stretch Your Imagination Cartridge, Cricut Locker Talk Cartridge, Bazzill Cardstock,  K&CO 'Graduation' Specialty Paper, Jillibean Soup Twine, Raindrop Echo Designs Sentiment, Nestabilities Lg Rectangles, Misc - Bling. Card Size: 5.5" x 5.5"



~*~



Hi Everyone,






Today's card is for the Graduate 2011. I was in the mood to make a graduation card, although I don't really have anyone to give it to. My youngest sister graduated High School last year and it'll be while before she graduates again.




I used this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch #116 by Karen Giron from The Sweetest Thing.







The graduation cap is from the Locker Talk cartridge cut at 1". I cut it out twice - once in black and once in yellow for the tassle. I added a some clear rhinestone to the "knot" of the tassle.  



The scalloped frame is from the Sketch Your Imagination Cartridge. I used Design Studio to enlarge it to the size I needed as well as hide the inside frame of the shape.






The sentiment is from this week's Sentimental Sundays Challenge #54 - Anything Goes freebie by Raindrop Echo Designs.



For the inside of the card, I simply rotated the sketch 180°.






TFL!



~*~



5/16/11 - Thanks for blogger issues, this card didn't go up in time for the challenge deadlines.






































1 comment:

  1. Very nice take on the sketch! I like how you made the sentiment large and the cap the accent. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.