Thursday, May 19, 2011

Like A Flower





















Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, 3DFlower CUT File_JenC, Cricut Accent Essentials Cartridge, Cricut Storybook Cartridge, Bazzill 'Stonehedge', 'Tangelo' Cardstock, The Paper Company 'White' Cardstock, Jillibean Soup 'Elbow Macaroni'(brown) , 'Shell Macaroni' Papers(orange), Nestabilities Rectangle Dies, Queen & CO 'Pearl' Pearls, HeroArts 'Old Letter Writting' Digital Stamp, Raindrop Echo Designs Sentiment, Misc - Ribbon




















~*~




















Today's card is a special one. Its made for a fellow FCCB DT Member who is currently going thru some hard times. I hope this bring some light into her life.








































I was inspired by this week's Mojo Monday Sketch 191.








I loved what Julee did with her card and it inspired me to do some distressing on mine, too.
























There are a few techniques in this card. I started off my running my cardstock base thru my printer and "stamping" the HeroArts 'Old Letter Writing' Digital Stamp in a grey. I think this script is perfect for any occasion.



















Then I distressed the edges of both Jillibean Papers with my Heidi Swapp Distresser and inked them with a metallic grey ink I got at A.C. Moore.




















The flower was HANDMADE by me. Now, be gentle, its my first one - ok, second. I've always used store bought flowers and would have opted to do so if it weren't for Sentimental Sunday's Challenge #55 - Handmade Flowers.




































To create the rose, I used a 3D Flower .cut File designed by Jen C. from BrainThings. If you're interested in the file, simply make a small donation and leave her a comment. She's always happy to help.


















After rolling the rose together, I added some glimmer with my 'Pearl' Glimmer Mist and centered it with a Pearl. I also used my Cricut Accent Essentails Cartridge to make the leaves.




































The color scheme was based on this week's colourQ Challenge #85.


Instead of using Stampin Up! cardstock I used Bazzill Tangelo for SU! Peach Parfait and Bazzill Stonehedge for SU! Sahara Sand.

















The sentiment is a freebie from this week's Sentimental Sundays Challenge #55. I used PSE8 to color the sentiment in SU! Basic Grey and Peach Parfait using an RGB code I found online.














I did the inside of this card differently from how I normally do them. I left a bigger frame for the personal message, I will write before mailing it out to my FCCB DT peer.




























Before, I leave, I want to show the FIRST handmade flower I've ever done. I intended to use this one on the card, but didn't like the way it turned out. I wanted to give it a "peachy" glimmer, but don't own one, so I tried to make my own. It didn't turn out too good.




























Ok, if you're still with me -














TFL!






















~*~











This card was crowned Colour Queen!


colourQ
 
I'm so excited! And to think I *almost* didn't complete the challenge. At the end I LOVED how the colors worked together and how it turned out!
 
~*~
 
Wow! This card also made it to TOP 3 at Sentimental Sundays!
 












































































































































































































































































































































































21 comments:

  1. I love the flower on your card ! Good work !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is absolutely beautiful!! I love the colours and your handmade flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marlene, this card is STUNNING! She will love it! I love the flower, you did such a great job! I've only tried making flowers once, and yours turned out WAY better than mine! love the color combo, too! superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marlene these are terrific! I really luv your colors and the flowers really make it tops :)
    tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card and an absolutely fantastic job you did on your flower! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sentimental Sundays Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card. Love your flowers, papers, & design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!!!!!
    craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and use of colors, Marlene! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This is stunning, I'll have to check out the file:) I love your card and the way you used these colors is perfect! Thanks for playing at CQC this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marlene, thank you for the warm welcome from FCCB. Your card is beautiful. I love the color choices you made.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Colour Q this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really gorgeous! Such a beautiful use of the sketch and colors, and your flower is stunning! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Marlene... Great color combo...HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on being crowned. Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is sooo beautiful! The colors all work together. And your 2nd ever flower is adorable!

    Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I saw your card on the Sentimental Sundays blog and had to stop by. I'm off to sign up as a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card! And lovely name. :)

    Have a nice day.

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Love that flower, and those colors are amazing! Thanks so much for playing this week in the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge!

    Hugs!
    Connie M.
    RRDT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely GORGEOUS, LOVE your colors and that flower...WOW!! Thanks so much for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card! You really have captured the inspiration photo!

    Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings challenge!
    I am now one of your followers.  ;)  I would love it if you came to visit my blog and become a follower too!

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.