Sunday, June 12, 2011

Birthday Sundaes #13 - Sweet As You






Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridge(Mini Monogram), Cuttlebug Machine, Sizzix Embossing Folder(Starry Night), Bazzill Cardstock(Tapioca), The Paper Company(white), Basic Grey Paper(Cappella), Nestibilities(Lg. Ovals), Queen & Co Pearls(pearl), Sweet n' Sassy Stamps(Sweet Birthday Wishes Digital Stamp), Misc - Lace, Ribbon. Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"





~*~





CLICK HERE for Sentimental Sundays Challenge #59.





Hello!











Welcome to Birthday Sundaes Challenge #13! This week's challenge is to use HEAT or DRY EMBOSSING on your card. Don't forget your Birthday Sentiment on the card front.












Today's card uses the Viva la Verve June Week2 Sketch.




I loved the simplicity of the sketch and thought it would look great with an embossed background. I used my Cuttlebug machine to emboss a 3.875" x 5.125" piece of Basic Grey Cappella paper.




The scalloped oval was cut from the Mini Monogram Cartridge at 2.613" x 3.438".




I replaced the scalloped border edge with some ruffled ribbon. Not to toot my own horn, but I just LOVE how I've been ruffling ribbon. I have so much fun doing it and I love the look and touch it gives to the card.











Now, if you're wondering why the blue ribbon - well, I'm too. I *tried* to get inspiration from this week's Color Throwdown #145. The color combination is great, but I just couldn't get to work for me.












The sentiment is from the Sweet n' Sassy Sweet Birthday Digital Stamp set. I cut out two scalloped ovals and added some homemade dimensionals between the layers.




Now its YOUR TURN! But before you do, be sure to check out the Birthday Sundaes Blog to see all the wonderful EMBOSSED Birthday Cards. This week we are playing just for fun, but don't forget to link up your EMBOSSED card by Thursday, June 16th 6pm MST for your chance to be a Super Sundae! Challenge will remain open until Saturday, June 18th 11:59pm MST.




















































8 comments:

  1. I love your card. It's simple yet elegant. Thanks for the inspiration! And I hope your blog gets fixed too - it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this one is so sweet and cute! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love your ruffed ribbon look and I love how the blue really pops against the other colours on this card!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and elegant card- love the ribbon and pearls! Amy:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the embossing folder that you used and the ribbon and lace~looks fantastic on your card:) TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many beautiful details, very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Marlene! I love the way you've been doing your ruffle ribbon! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooo pretty!!! I just love the soft colors and that ruffled ribbon is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.