Sunday, June 19, 2011

Birthday Sundaes #14 - Treasure Chest

Pin It Now!
~*~  PUBLISHED in the Cricut Cards August 2012  ~*~
 Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridge(Life's A Party), Bazzill Cardstock(Vienna), The Paper Company Cardstock(Whipped Cream), Basic Grey(Life of the Party - Shindig), Jolee's by You(Metal Keys)Misc - Lock, Rings, RicRac, Paint. Finished Size: 5.5" x 3.875"


~*~

CLICK HERE for Sentimental Sundays Blog Hop.

Hi Again!


I'm back with Birthday Sundaes Challenge #14! This week's challenge is being sponsored by Birthday Sundaes very own DT Member, Michelle! Michelle has very generously donated a Cricut "Just Because" Cards Cartridge to ONE lucky winner. Interested? All you have to do is make a SHAPED CARD for this week's Birthday Sundaes Challenge #14. NO squares or rectangles, and don't forget to add a Birthday Senitment/Wording to the card front.






For my SHAPED CARD, I went with the Life's A Party Cartridge and cut out the Treasure Chest using the card feature.

The Treasure Chest was cut out at 3-3/4" several times to give the card some layers/dimension. My initial intention was to add gold brads to the chest, but that didn't quite work out for a couple of reasons. So I opted for some Gold Paint dots made with the tip of a thin pen.


I removed the "lock" with my Cutterbee Scissors and replaced it a "lock" closure from an old wooden box. To make the Treasure Chest more realistic I snipped off the handles and added some small gold earrings. To one of the "handles" I inserted two keys to "open" the lock.



I added a quick Birthday sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Birthday Wishes" Stamp Set tied with a button and some Stone Twine - available at My Craft Spot.


The inside opens to reveal the "Treasure". 


I cut the "Treasure"  from a piece of an old gold gift bag I had stored away. I love the shiny gold look it gives.


The inside was also stamped with a sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Birthday Wishes" Stamp Set.


NOW, be sure to check out the Birthday Sundaes Blog for more SHAPED Birthday Cards. And don't forget to link your SHAPED CARD by Thursday, June 23rd 6PM MST for your chance to be a Super Sundae and by Saturday, June 25th 11:59PM MST for your chance to win this week's prize.



6 comments :

Birthday Sundaes said...

I think this is soooo cool! I have been looking forward to reading about how you made it when I saw your card on Saturday. I think the lock/key adds so much to the card to make it more realistic. I like the gold pen dots too, I think I need one of those pens!

Jessica said...

I am awestruck with your treasure chest card. So much thought went into making it look truly authentic. Gorgeous Job!
:O)
Jessica

Amy said...

I love this card- it is so clever and I love that you open the chest for the inside---TFS! :)Amy

Scrapper69 said...

Can I just say.... I TOTALLY LOVE THIS CARD! Seriously! It looks just like a treasure chest with all the papers you chose and the bling looks like gold... You really did a FABULOUS job on this card! TFS! :o)
Theresa

Lisa R. said...

It looks wonderful to me! I know that happens to me...i envision something and then I don't think it turns out the way i want it to. I love how it opens. I adore shaped cards. Fantastic creative job!

Crafting Katie said...

This is just AMAZING! I am in awe of your talent! Your details are incredible!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.