Sunday, June 26, 2011

Birthday Sundaes #15 - Patriotic Birthday

Pin It Now!
Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridges(Plantin Schoolbook, Birthday Bash), Bazzill Cardstock(Avalanche, Blackbird, Great Lakes, Red Devil, Quicksand), Reminisce 'the 4th/DC' Collection(All Star Salute, All American), My Craft Spot(Crinkled Ribbon - Denim, Baker's Twine - Vintage Black, Clear Stamps - Inside & Out #2), Misc - Buttons. Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

~*~

CLICK HERE for Sentimental Sundays Challenge #61

Happy Sunday!

Thank You for stopping by and joining me for this week's Birthday Sundaes Challenge #15! For this week's challenge incorporate STARS & STRIPES plus a Birthday Sentiment to your card.

This week Birthday Sundaes is unsponsored and we are playing just for fun. We'd love for you join us!

Since we'll be celebrating Independence Day in about a week, here in the US, I went with a Patriotic Birthday Card. However, I'm not too happy with the way it turned out. I already have plans to re-do it - so be in the lookout.


The stars were cut out from the Birthday Bash Cartridge at 2.5", 2", 1.25", 1" - I think. Since this cart doesn't have a shadow for this cut, I simly cut out another star 1/4" bigger than the sizes mentioned above.



My favorite part of this card is the Crinkled Ribbon from My Craft Spot. I absolutely love working with this type of ribbon! For today's card, I used the Navy Blue ribbon from Kimberly's recently released Old Glory Set - just perfect for any 4th of July project!


The 'Happy Birthday' Sentiment is from My Craft Spot's Inside & Out #2 Clear Stamp Set.

I added some Vintage Black Baker's Twine from the Twinery - also available at My Craft Spot - to each of my buttons.


The largest of the stars is popped out using some of my homemade deminsionals.


Today's card was based on this week's Mojo Monday 196 Sketch. I replaced the large oval for the set of three stars.



Now, be sure to check out the Birthday Sundaes Blog for even more STARS & STRIPES Birthday Cards. And don't forget to link up your card by Thursday, June 30th 6PM MST for your chance to be featured as a Super Sundae! Challenge will remain open 'til Saturday, July 2nd 11:59PM MST.



3 comments :

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Great job with your stars and strips birthday card! I love the paper you used and you did a nice job with the sketch!

Lisa said...

This is super cute! Great job!

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Scrapper69 said...

This turned out so pretty! :o)
Theresa
www.miislucky.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.