Sunday, June 5, 2011

Birthday Sundaes Challenge #12 - Party Clown










Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Wild Card Cartridge, Cricut Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge, Bazzill 'Red Devil', 'Evening Surf' Cardstock, Basic Grey 'Cupcake' Collection, Nestabilites 'Scalloped Circles' Dies, Eggbert Clown Digi Stamp, PrimaColor Pencils, Jillibean Soup Twine, Stickles 'Yellow', Glossy Accents, Eat Cake WordArt_JenReed. Finished Card Size: 5" x 5"









~*~





















Happy Sunday!




















































If you're looking for Sentimental Sundays Challenge #58, click here!


































































Time for another Sponsored Challenge at Birthday Sundaes. This week's challenge is an ANYTHING GOES Birthday and is being sponsored by Bugaboo Stamps. Bugaboo Stamps is an online digital stamp store with various digital images that are cutesy and whimsical yet different and sassy.





Bugaboo Stamps' owner, Jodie, generously supplied the design team with images to work with and an awesome prize for the participants. Please check out the Birthday Sundaes post for all the details.





























I had the HARDEST time picking out a digital stamp to use, I loved every single image. But finally, I choose to use Bugaboo Stamps' Eggbert Clown, for my card. I colored him in with my PrismaColor Pencils - and actually like the way he turned out.






















You can't really tell from the picture, but I added a few dots of 'Yellow' Stickles to his hat and made the balloon, nose, and shoes shine with Glossy Accents.

























I based the card on this week's Mojo Monday 193 Sketch.





The card base is the "Doily" Card(pg. 52) from the Wild Card Cartridge cut out in Blackout at 5". To "hide" the fold line, I simply cut out another card and finished the scalloped circle with my Cutterbee Scissors and layered on top. I then used the Plantin SchoolBook to cut out a 4.25" circle to use as a mat.

















The "happy birthday" sentiment is part of the Eat Cake WordArt by Jen Reed.








NOW, head on over to the Birthday Sundaes Blog and see the rest of lovely cards made using Bugaboo Stamps. And don't forget to link up your ANYTHING GOES Birthday card by Thursday, June 9th at 6pm EST to be part of the "Super Sundaes" and by Saturday, June 11th at 11:59pm EST for your chance to win this week's prize.






~*~






This card will also be entered into the following challenges:












*Wacky Wednesday #40 - Manly Birthday




















































































































3 comments:

  1. Hi Marlene! I'm so sorry I'm just now signing up to be a follower after designing with you over at FCCB for a while. In fact, I found your blog over at My Craft Spot and loved your work so much that I had to come check it out! love that cupcake and would love the file. You do lovely work.
    :0)

    XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! I love all the little details!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the image you chose to use!! He is too cute :) Great shaped card, love the twine you added!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.