Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cricut Circle - Strawberry Shaped Card

Pin It Now!
Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridges(Simply Charmed, Plantin Schoolbook), Bazzill Cardstck(Avalanche, Limeade, Berrylicious), The Paper Company(white), Basic Grey(Urban Praire - Petticoat), Echo Park(Walk in the Park - Tree Tops), Jillibean Soup Twine, WhimsieDoodles(sentiment), Memory Thread(Lt. Green), WhimsieDoodles(Sentiment),  ZIG Black Pen, Signo White Pen, Misc - Button.

Hello!

Today's project was made for the Weekly Challenge #33 - Sweet Summertime over at the Cricut Circle Blog. I was lucky enough to recieve a Provo Craft Mother's Day Flower with a 3-month subscription to the Cricut Circle from Robin at Robin's Creative Cottage. Thank You Robin! And I've jumped right in with the challenges.

This card was also made as an End of the Year Teacher Gift for DS#1's Teacher. I'm also working on a small gift to go along with the card, hence the "Part 1" portion of the title. So stay tuned for more on this project.  

This week's Weekly Challenge #33 is about Sweet Summertime Treats. You have to incorporate the shape of your favorite summertime treat, use a stamp, and at least TWO Cricut Images in your project.










My family's FAVORITE summertime treat are FRESH, locally picked STRAWBERRIES! The kids love having them on top of waffles with Nutella in the morning and chocolate-dipped in the afternoon. So YUMMY!



I used the 'Strwbery'(pg.47) from the Simply Charmed Cartridge and welded two 8.5" Strawberry Shadows to make the base of the card using Design Studio. I also used DS to 'hide contour' the face and shadow.

The tag(pg. 71) is from the Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge re-sized with DS to 3" x .50". Also from the same cartridge is the 'flower'(pg. 76), cut out at 1" twice to give some layers.

Now if you know me, the flower isn't the ONLY thing with layers. I couldn't help myself and I added a few layers to the strawbery and a few more the stem. The card has a total of 5 layers - see I didn't go overboard either.


The stem has a few extra 'vines' still attached made out of Memory Thread. I absolutely LOVE it! Memory Thread isn't your ordinary thread, its made of a soft fiber wrapped copper wire that you can use to embellish all types of projects. I found mine at my local A.C. Moore by the DMC Floss. I simply wrapped it around my pencil and then formed it as I wanted.


Since I plan on giving this card to my son's teacher in a few days, I used the sentiment from the  'Berry Much' digital image from Whimsie Doodles.

Strawberry Card
 items required:
*Cricut Expression
*Cricut Design Studio
*Cricut Simply Charmed Cartridge
*Cricut Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge

Cut File is available via comment request. The .cut file comes in the form of a 
.zip file and includes pictures, TOU, and .cut file. Due to the time spent on this .cut file, I would greatly appreciate if you were able to DONATE a little somethin' somethin' when requesting the file.


~*~
This project will also be entered into the following projects:

Sorry can't get links to work....
*My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #11 - Tie It On!

*Simon Says Stamps - Let's Get Fruity!

*Cooking With Cricut #37 - Pick Your Poison!
Favorie Cart: Simply Charmed
Favorite Color: Pink

9 comments :

Luv Scrapping Together said...

This is so sweet, Marlene! I really love your patterned paper!

Hugs,
Saundra :)

Sarah said...

This turned out great-love the paper you used and the super cutie memory thread--I will be on the search for the stuff--love it!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Sooooo cute! Love the fun shape and the pretty papers you used! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

jennyplace2 said...

Such a yummy looking card, by the time I finished reading your post I was ready to go and get some strawberrys and cool whip! Thanks for joining in the fun at My Craft Spot.

Joy said...

Adorable !! Love the papers you used and the pretty bow with the flower topper!! So glad you played along with us this week at My Craft Spot !
Joy

Kate said...

What a pretty card! The memory thread is such a nice touch.
Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Marlene, fabulous design and I love how you've added the memory thread :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our "let's get fruity challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Jen said...

Cute card, Marlene! Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

~ Jen, CWC Design Team
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

Jean said...

Sweet card. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.