Monday, June 6, 2011

FCCB Challenge Me Monday #63 - Dad's Sippy Cup

Pin It Now!






Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge, Bazzill 'Evening Surf', 'Quicksand' Cardstock, Jillibean Soup 'Minestrone' Collection, Jillibean Soup Twine, American Crafts Button, Whimsie Doodles 'Dad's Sippy Cup' Digital Image, PrismaColor Pencils, Liquid Applique 'White'. Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 4.25"






~*~






Hello!










Can you believe how fast time goes by? We're already 6 days into the month and Father's Day is only TWO weeks away! TWO weeks! Time to start making cards & special gifts for all the DAD'S in the family. And that's what this week's FCCB Challenge Me Mondays #63 is about - #1 DAD. Let's show DAD he's #1 by making a project just for him - make sure to include at least ONE Cricut Cut.




















This week FCCB is being sponsored by no other than Whimsie Doodles. Whimsie Doodles' is an online digital stamp store with images that range from cute little boys and girls, to punny stuff, and everything in-between.




Whimsie Doodles' owner, Melyssa, generously supplied the design team with images to work with and a $10 Gift Certificate to the Whimsie Doodles online store for the participants. Please check out FCCB's Challenge Me Monday #63 post for all the details.




























































For my #1 DAD card, I went with Whimsie Doodles' recently released 'Dad's Sippy Cup' image. This is such a true image - what man doesn't like a mug of beer?























































I colored in the beer and badge with my PrismaColor Pencils. I then Paper-Pieced the title with some Jillibean Soup 'Chopped Tomatoes' Paper. The mug has a slight touch of Glossy Accents to give it the 'Frosted Mug' look. And I used my Liquid Applique to give the beer some 'foam'.



















































I also paper-pieced the banner and pop-up with some of my homemade deminsionals.
























 















I used Cricut Design Studio and Plantin Schoolbook to create a frame that resembles one that could be found in the Elegant Edges cartridge - I really have to get that cart.















I based the card on the current TCP Tuesday Challenge 160 - A Sketch.

















And no card would be complete without a matching inside.









Now, its YOUR TURN! Create a special project to show DAD how special he is. And be sure to check out the rest of the Fantabulous DT creations. Don't forget to link up your #1 DAD project by Sunday, June 12th at 11:59pm EST for your chance to win a $10 Gift Certificate to Whimsie Doodles.













































21 comments :

Jovan said...

OMG...I just love this!

BugBites said...

wow- this turned out fantastic. The inside is as awesome as the outside. love the 3D foam on the beer.

Amy said...

Super Cute and I love the "foam" on the beer stamp! Amy :)

Sherrie K. said...

Marlene, you did a fantastic job on your card. I love the paper you chose and all the extra details. The foaming beer....awesome! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

My Lil' Bits said...

Marlene your card is absolutely adorable! Love how you used the Liquid Applique for the foam!
Lisa C

Tanya said...

Oh my goodness...this card is just amazing girl! I love all those wonderful layers you have added and your coloring is just perfect. Love the suds...lol! The inside is just as great as the outside, your patterns and color choices are just perfect...great card!

Luv Scrapping Together said...

I love the way your card came out, Marlene! The liquid Applique is the perfect touch.

Hugs,
Saundra :)

Anita said...

This is so cute-----I love all of the details.
Anita
amc35045@bellsouth.net

Sarah said...

I'm in love with this card-- sooo fun! Love it!

Lisa said...

Oh!!! I just LOVE everything about this card! The colors are wonderful, and I love the foamy beer! Too cute!

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

croppixie said...

Oh WOOOW Marlene, this card is gorgeous. The details are perfect (especially the foam). I love the colours and the dimension on the ribbon and boldness of the word DAD.

Kristie said...

This is a cute Dad card, Marlene! I like the frame you made for the image. I want the Elegant Edges cartridge too!

Shelley said...

Oh my! What a fabulous card! Thank you for joining us at Scrapalicious! ~Shelley

runzalot81 said...

I absolutely love this! It would be perfect for my husband LOL

Larelyn said...

Fantastic! I love the foam and the paper piecing on the title. You make a truly wonderful card out the image.
Hugs,

Rae Finke said...

You are so super talented! What a fun and awesome card you made. I especially like the foam, too. How fun is this?!

Terry @ Krazy's Place said...

WOW! Awesome card! Was thinking about getting this image today. Had the same thought with the liquid applique for the foam. After seeing your fantastic, I've got to have it for sure!!

Tara said...

Awesome card!
Tara

Suzy said...

LOL Love this card Marlene! Thanks for sharing at TPV ;)

Kate said...

Great job! What a fabulous image. I love the way you've done the head!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Amazing card!! Love the great layout and fabulous detail. Thank you so much for playing along with this weeks Whimsie Wednesday Challenge!!
Sheri-WD DT

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.