Tuesday, June 28, 2011

FCCB Challenge Me Monday #66 - Patriotic French Fry Box

Pin It Now!
Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridge(Plantin Schoolbook), ScrappinCookie CUT File(French Fry Box Sm), Reminisce 'the 4th/DC' Collection(Grande Finale), Doodlebug SugarCoated Cardstock(Blue Jean), My Craft Spot('Scarlet Red' Crinkled Ribbon, Sweet Sentiments #2 Clear Stamps, 'Cherry Red' Baker's Twine), Misc - Button, AC Moore Pom-Pom Pick

~*~

CLICK HERE for Birthday Sundaes Challenge #14

CLICK HERE for Sentimental Sundays Challenge #61

CLICK HERE for My Craft Spot Challenge #14

~*~

Hi!

This week's challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut is all about having a HAPPY 4TH! Simply create a project with the colors RED, WHITE & BLUE and you will be entered to win this week's prize, sponsored by Reminisce. For more details, please visit FCCB.


Today's project takes us back to one of my FIRST CUT Files - a French Fry Box - with a Patriotic twist.


It roughly measures 4.25" x 4" and can hold TONS of goodies. Since I plan on using these for my HAPPY 4TH Barbeque, I filled a clear treat bag with Crunch n' Munch Toffee Popcorn.


The French Fry Box was cut out using Reminisce's the 4th/DC Collection, which happens to be this week's Sponsored Prize. *Wink Wink*


I used 'Scarlet Red' Crinkled Ribbon from the "Old Glory" Set available at My Craft Spot. I scrunched up the ribbon following a tutorial from Really Reasonable Ribbon. I love the look of the ribbon, but it wasn't an easy task. I had a very had time until I saw the video they link to. If you are going to try this technique, I suggest that you watch the video.


I added a 2" star from the Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge cut from Doodlebug Sugar Coated Cardstock. On top, I added some RED, WHITE & BLUE "Fireworks" - a pick I found at AC Moore back in the beginning for June. To finish it all off, I made a double loop bow out of Crinkled Ribbon, added a tag using the My Craft Spot "Sweet Sentiment #2" Clear Stamps and a Baker's Twine "Cherry Red" button.


Now, it's YOUR turn! Be sure to head on over to the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog to see all the RED, WHITE & BLUE projects!! Don't forget to link up your project by Sunday, July 3rd 11:59PM EST for your chance to win this week's Reminisce prize.



1 comments :

Sherrie K. said...

Marlene~this is just fabuolus! It is so festive and anyone would be happy to receive it!!! Your projects are such a big hit:) Keep them coming:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.