Monday, June 27, 2011

My Craft Spot's Monday Challenge #14 - Patriotic Star Box


~*~

CLICK HERE for Birthday Sundaes Challenge #15

CLICK HERE for Sentimental Sundays Challenge #61

CLICK HERE for Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday #62

~*~

HELLO!

I'm super excited to share today's project with you! Last Wednesday, I announced my invitation to be part of another WONDERFUL Design Team - My Craft Spot. Thank You Kimberly! Since I first discovered My Craft Spot's Crinkled Ribbon, it was LOVE at first sight! Kimberly has such AMAZING colors and the ribbon is soo easy to work with. Everytime I use it, I fall more in love with it! I can't wait any longer, so without further ado, I give to you my FIRST My Craft Spot DT project!

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridge(Plantin Schoolbook), ScrappinCookie Cut File(Star-Shaped Favor Box), Bazzill Cardstock(Avalanche, Great Lakes, Red Devil), Reminisce 'the 4th/DC' Collection(Independence Day, All American), My Craft Spot(Crinkled Ribbon - Navy Blue, Baker's Twine - Baby Blue, Clear Stamp Set - Sweet Sentiments #2), Misc - AC Moore Pick, Plastic Star

This week's My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #14 is all about SEEING STARS! Simply use a star - of any kind - somewhere on your project.

I automatically knew what I wanted to create for this week's SEEING STARS challenge! I turned to my Star-Shaped Favor Box created back in November 2010.


The box measures 3" x 3" x 1.5". Since I designed the box in two pieces, I was able to use piece of Reminisce 'Independence Day' paper for the [Bottom Star Box] and a piece of Bazzill cardstock for the [Lid Star Box].


I made a double loop bow - although you can't see it as a double - using the 'Navy Blue' Crinkled Ribbon from Kimberly's recently released 'Old Glory' Set - just perfect for any 4th of July project.


The sentiment is from the Sweet Sentiments #2 Clear Stamps Set by My Craft Spot. I'm not much of a stamper, but these stamps are making me change my mind. They stamp so clearly and smooth.


To finish it all off, I added a small bow made from 'Baby Blue' Baker's Twine - available at My Craft Spot - to a plastic star.

This cute little star-shaped favor box fits quite a few pieces of small candy or even a small gift. I plan on giving these out to family and friends during our 4th of July barbeque. I will be filling them with some small homemade cookies, but for now I've filled them with a few pieces of Hershey Kisses.



Now, head on over to My Craft Spot to see all the STARS the DT have in store for you. And be sure to check out all the AMAZING Crinkle Ribbon available! Don't forget to link up your SEEING STAR project by Sunday, July 3rd 11:59 EST for your chance to win this week's prize!


8 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful Marlene! It is a great project to share for your first My Craft Spot DT post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new DT position! I love the box, the pick you added is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute box! Love the little "berries" on top! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great job on your project. I love it Victoria :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh! I love your star shaped box! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous star shaped box!! Love all of the fun things you have added! I am so glad you are on the DT!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous!! I love the embellishments you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously Marlene...you are rockin' the red, white & blue!!! Love this project too! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.