Thursday, June 30, 2011

Patriotic Star-Shaped Card

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridges(Simply Charmed, Plantin Schoolbook, Accent Essentials), Bazzill Cardstock(Clover Leaf Dotted Swiss), The Paper Company(Whipped Cream, White), Wausau Paper(Chalice Silver on Silver Armor), Reminisce 'the 4th/DC' Collection(All Star Salute, All American), Doodlebug Sugar Coated Cardstock(Blue Jean), My Craft Spot('Vanilla Bean' Crinkled Ribbon, 'Vintage Red' Baker's Twine), Everyday {365} Birthday Sentiments, Misc - Roses, Brads

~*~

This week most challenge blogs are all about having a HAPPY 4TH!

Fantabulous Cricut's Challenge Me Monday #66 is all about the RED, WHITE & BLUE.

Birthday Sundaes' Challenge #15 is all about STARS & STRIPES plus a birthday sentiment.

Sentimental Sundays' Challenge #61 is all about PATRIOTIC colors plus a sentiment.


I took all these challenges and incorporated them into ONE Patriotic Star-Shaped Card.


The base of this PATRIOTIC card was designed with two 5" Simply Charmed shadow stars welded with Design Studio. This card has several layers, each one being 1/2" smaller than the previous. In between each layer are my homemade deminsionals to the card some pop.



The card was made using Reminisce's 'the 4th/DC' Collection papers - All Star Salute(STARS) & All American(STRIPES).

I thought the colors matched perfectly with this week's ColourQ #91 Challenge.




To the bottom-left corner I added a 2" STAR from the Plantin Schoolbook. On top I added a cluster of RED, WHITE, & BLUE roses with some leaves made from the Accent Essentials cartridge. The roses were misted with some 'Pearl' Glimmer Mist.

To tie it all off, I used some 'Vanilla Bean' Crinkled Ribbon from the 'Old Glory' Set available at My Craft Spot.


The sentiment is from the digital Everyday {365} Birthday Stamps by Karen Lewis. The stamp was recolored in PSE8 using SU! Night of Navy and SU! Basic Grey RGB color codes I found online.


I hope you have enjoyed this PATRIOTIC card. And if you haven't already done so, I hope you join us in the HAPPY 4TH challenges!

~*~

This card will also be entered into the following challenges:

* Cricut Circle Blog - Weekly Challenge #35 Patriotic Pride

Don't have these cartridge, but my STRIPED STAR looks like a cut on the cartridge.

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful Patriotic card, Marlene. Such vibrant colors. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shaped card- love all of the embellishments! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that is soo pretty! You did a terrific job on that project.

    Your blog is so pretty! :)

    I have a blog too! I would love for you to come and follow it. Comments are appreciated to!

    Have a happy 4th of July!

    http://www.allyrosedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the shaped card, very cute! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love the layers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous card! thanks for playing with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps!
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnificient job! Thanks for Playing with us at CTO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card! I love the flowers. Just beautiful! I'm playing along with you at Scrappy Moms this week. I'm your newest follower.
    Jenni
    http://mylollipopgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card, love the details and the beautiful embellishments! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute, love the background paper, thanks so much for joining CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How pretty! The rosettes are beautiful. Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card with all the dimensions and the pretty flowers. What a wonderful 4th of July card.

    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the dimension and the red and blue flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.