Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sentimental Sundays #58 - Thanks for being YOU!




























Happy Sunday Everyone!


If you're looking for Birthday Sundaes Challenge #12, click here!








I've never been more anxious for a Sunday to come than this past week. Last Sunday, I announced my acceptance into the Sentimental Sundays Design Team. Confused? Yes, I've been lucky enough to be selected to be part of another wonderful Design Team - a Sentimental Sunday Design Team - and BLOGGER ate the post where I announced it, as well as a few others. Anyways, since then I've been so excited and "patiently" waiting for June 5th. So without further ado, I give to you my very FIRST Sentimental Sundays DT project!







Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge, Bazzill 'QuickSand', 'Yucan Gold' Cardstock, The Paper Company Cardstock(white), Pebbles Inc 'Twitterpated - Sweetheart' Paper(pink), Basic Grey 'Urban Prairie - Patchwork Quilt' Paper(butterflies), Nestabilities 'Scalloped Circles', 'Lg Circles' Dies, Gratitude Sentiments_RaindropEchoDesigns, Misc - Butterfly, Ribbon. Finished Card Size: 5.25" x 5.25"








~*~








This week's challenge at Sentimental Sundays is all about being INSPIRED BY A SONG!






Create a project inspired by your playlist or favorite song, simply take inspiration from a SONG!


































Once I heard this week's challenge, I immediately remembered my "Just the Way You Are" layout made in the Fall 2010, which was also inspired by a song.  Actually, its the SAME song - 'Just the Way You Are' by Bruno Mars.


I love how the song is dedicated to a woman telling her she is PERFECT just the way she is. That there is no need for any changes, that she is loved just how she is.



















































































Today's card is based of this week's MFT WSC Getting Sketchy Challenge #22. Since I can't get enough of my Cricut Expression, I used the Plantin SchoolBook cartridge to cut out a 2.937" circle to give an extra layer between the sentiment and scalloped mat.

























The color combination was inspired by the ColourQ Challenge #87.


I simply replaced SU!'s Soft Suede for Bazzill's QuickSand Cardstock.









The butterfly is from a locally owned party supply store, where they make several different favors for parties and weddings. I love stopping by to see what new ribbons, flowers, or butterflies they have in stock.








Keeping with my "Just the Way You Are" INSPIRED SONG card, I used a digital sentiment from the Gratitude Sentiments by Raindrop Echo Designs by Ann Vento. Ann has lovely sentiments in both Digital and Rubber, to see more of her visit her store at Whimsy Stamps.




And lastly, but not least the inside of the card. I used the same sketch to decorate the inside of the card.








Now, its YOUR TURN! What SONGS INSPIRE you? Be sure to check out the rest of the Sentimental Sundays INSPIRED SONGS projects. And don't forget to link up your project by Saturday, June 11th at 11:59pm EST for your chance to win this week' prize.


~*~


This card will also be entered into the following challenges:























































































13 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful Marlene, I love how the butterfly works perfectly with the DP & that ribbon looks amazing :)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card! Great job and congratulations on DT!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card - love the colour scheme, papers, and especially the ruffled ribbon. So pretty.
    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Marlene! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I love the colors and the fabulous, ruffled ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stunning, I love the papers you used:) Thanks for joining us at CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marlene, this card is so bright and beautiful. I have this paper, and its nice to see how others use products.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! LOTS of songs inspire me!! And this is quite an inspiring card in and of itself! Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. The colors are wonderful. I love the butterfly and the way you used the ribbon is stunning. Great Job TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! Positively lovely! Thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut!

    - Roberta, CWC Design Team
    Www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card, Marlene! I love the color palette you used and the butterfly is my fave. Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.