Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sentimental Sundays #59 - Pappa Bear

Pin It Now!




Supplies Used:
Bazzill Cardstock(Red Devil, Rope Swing-Dotted Swiss, Stonehedge), The Paper Company(white), Chatter Box Paper(Statue Plaid), Jillibean Soup Paper(Minestrone - elbow macaroni), Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridge(Plantin Schoolbook), Cuttlebug Machine, Nestabilites(Lg. Ovals), Meljen's Designs Digital Stamp(Pappa Bear), Fiskars Punch(Threading Water), American Crafts(button), Jillibean Soup(twine), ScrappinCookie(sentiment). Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"




~*~




CLICK HERE for Birthday Sundaes Challenge #13 or scroll down.




Happy Sunday!




Another week has gone by and now we are only ONE week away from FATHER'S DAY! And if you haven't started on your FATHER'S DAY card, Sentimental Sundays Challenge #59FATHER'S DAY is here to help. Simply create a project/card for a special FATHER, don't forget to include a sentiment.








This week Sentimental Sundays is being sponsored by Meljen's Designs. Meljen's Designs is an online digital stamp(and more) featuring critters, children, mice, teddy bears and all sorts of fun cuteness.



Meljen's Designs' owner, Melissa, generously supplied the design team with images to work with and a great prize for the participants. For more details, please visit the Sentimental Sundays post.





For my FATHER'S DAY card, I used Meljen's Designs 'Pappa Bear' image. I loved the cute and fuzzy FATHER bear with his two little cubs. Its perfect for my husband, who is always with our two sons. The image was colored in with my PrismaColor Pencils and a mix of Crayola Color Pencils.












I based the card on this week's MFT Getting Sketchy #23.










I loved the way my Father's Day Tickets card turned out using this week's ColourQ #88 combination, that I used them again for this card.









The sentiment was created by me, using PSE 8. If you're interested in it, leave me a comment with your email addy and I'll send it to you.






Unfortunately, I ran out of time & light and wasn't able to finish up the inside in time for this post. But as usual it will be a mimic of the card front.



Now, its YOUR TURN! Let's see those FATHER'S DAY cards! Be sure to check out all the wonderful FATHER'S DAY creations at the Sentimental Sundays Blog. And don't forget to link up your card by Saturday, June 18th 11:59pm EST for your chance to win this week prize and spot at the Top 3. Can't wait to see what you create!




























































10 comments :

Amy said...

Really cute card and I love the stamped image you used! Amy :)

Sylvia said...

2nd time, I will try again. super cute card Marlene! thanks for playing with us at the colourQ again this week.

Renee said...

Super cute!

Basslady said...

an adorable card with a great colouring!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Sherrie K. said...

I love the stamped image. So cute! Great Father's Day card:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Yapha said...

Super cute card! I love all of the polka dots! Thanks for playing at ColourQ!

Michelle said...

My fav image ever! I want it!!

Anita said...

Fabulous card. Love your papers and this is such a perfect masculine card.

kurlygirl said...

Marlene, this is gorgeous! I just love the brown and your design is wonderful! So glad to be working with you on the SS DT! ~Heather :)

Kathleen said...

beautiful card. love the image and the colour combo!
Kathleen Mc xx

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.