Sunday, July 10, 2011

Birthday Sundaes Challenge #16 - Special Birthay

Pin It Now!
Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridges(Accent Essentials, Storybook), Bazzill Cardstock(Mango, Clover Leaf Dotted Swiss), The Paper Company Cardstock(white), Basic Grey 'Kioshi' Collection, My Craft Spot(Spring Moss Crinkled Ribbon), Queen & CO. Pearls(Pearl), Glimmer Mist(Pearl), Stickles(Frosted Lace), Misc - Sentiment, Roses. Finished Card Size: 5" x 5"

~*~

CLICK HERE for Sentimental Sundays Challenge #62

Hello!

Welcome to Birthday Sundaes Challenge #16! This week we have an ORANGE, GREEN & WHITE color combination challenge for you!  Simply create a card using these colors plus a Birthday Sentiment.


Once I saw this challenge, I immediately knew I had to use Basic Grey's Kioshi 'Mokuren' Paper. Its just the right shade of ORANGE, GREEN & WHITE




I kept my card rather simple, following the older Mojo Monday 197 Sketch. The scalloped frame was cut from the Cricut Accent Essentials Cartridge. I used some 'Spring Moss' Crinkled Ribbon from My Craft Spot.


I added a cluster of 3 Roses to the lower left corner. The two smaller roses were hand-dyed ORANGE and then sprayed with 'Pearl' Glimmer Mist. For the larger rose, I only dyed the outer edges to give it a two-tone rose look. I then added 'Frosted Lace' Stickles on top.


Underneath the roses, I added some 'Branch2' leaves from the Cricut Storybook Cartridge.


Now, its YOUR TURN! Be sure to check out the Birthday Sundaes Challenge Blog for more inspiration. And don't forget to link up your ORANGE, GREEN & WHITE birthday cards by Saturday, July 16th 11:59PM MST for your chance to be a SUPER SUNDAE!



2 comments :

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Gorgeous card, Marlene! I love your beautiful flowers and bow!!

Kimberly

Dr Sonia S V said...

You have used the colors so well. The orange flowers are super gorgeous!
Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.