Sunday, July 17, 2011

Birthday Sundaes Challenge #18 - Floral Birthday

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridge(Alphalicious, Storybook), Bazzill Cardstock(Berry Blush, Guacamole, Brandywine), The Paper Company Cardstock(White), Basic Grey 'Urban Prairie' Collection(Bountiful, Bluebird), My Craft Spot(Spring Moss Crinkled Ribbon), Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist(Blue Jazz, Pearl), Spellbinders Nestabilities(Lg. Circles), Martha Stewart Punch(Doily Lace), Queen & CO. Pearls(Pretty Pink), Stampin' Up! Stamps(Well Scripted - Digital). Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

~*~

CLICK HERE for Fantabulous Cricut SCRAPPY MOMS STAMPS Spotlight.

CLICK HERE for Sentimental Sundays Challenge #64.

Hi!

Thank You for stopping by and joining me for this week's Birthday Sundaes Challenge #18! This week we have an ANYTHING GOES challenge plus a Birthday Sentiment. We are also welcoming a new sponsor to Birthday Sundaes - Circle B Enterprises Scrapbooking. Veronica, owner of Circle B Enterprises Scrapbooking has generously donated a $20 Gift Card to her store. To learn more about Veronica, Circle B Enterprises Scrapbooking and this week's prize, pleaes visit the Birthday Sundaes Blog.




I'm my worst critic and am not completely happy with this week's ANYTHING GOES card. I feel like I'm always doing the same thing - I guess that must be my style, right?

I based the card on this week's Mojo Monday 199 Sketch. Replacing the second circle for a cluster of Roses.



The roses were hand-dyed to match this week's Color Throwdown #150. The smaller ones with 'Blue Jazz' Glimmer Mist and the larger one with a combo of water and paint. They were both sprayed with some 'Pearl' Glimmer Mist. The leaves are from the Cricut Storybook Cartridge cut at 1".


I used 'Spring Moss' Crinkled Ribbon from My Craft Spot - I just can't get enough of this ribbon. Added a 'Butrfly2' from the Cricut Storybook Cartridge cut at 3/4".


The sentiment is from the Stampin Up! Well Scripted - Digital - Set. I used PSE8 to recolor the stamp to a "Rose Red". The scalloped circle is from the Cricut Alphalicious Cartridge.


Now, it's YOUR TURN! Create an ANYTHING GOES Birthday Card - don't forget the Birthday Sentiment - and link it up by Saturday, July 23rd 11:59PM EST for your chance to win this week's prize and to be featured as a SUPER SUNDAE!


3 comments:

  1. I love your card - it's just lovely! Did you make the roses? They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful birthday card Marlene! I love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Marlene! I love the cluster of roses and the colors you used :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.