Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sentimental Sundays Challenge #63 - Creating Yourself

Pin It Now!
Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridge(Storybook), Bazzill Cardstock(Avalanche, French Vanilla, London Fog), Basic Grey "Cappella" Collection, My Craft Spot('Vanilla Bean' Crinkled Ribbon), Raindrop Echo Designs Digital Sentiments(Inspirational Sentiments), Nestabilities(Lg. Rectangles), Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist(Pearl, Blue Jazz), Recollections Pearls(Pearl). Finish Card Size: 5.5" x 4.25"

~*~

CLICK HERE for Birthday Sundaes Challenge # 17

Hi Again!

Today's Sentimental Sunday Challenge #63 is all about having INKY FINGERS! Simply create a project using some sort of unconventional stamping materials or techniques.

And trust me, I got some INKY FINGERS by the time I finished this card! My fingernails had a lovely shade of blue/green almost yellow shade to them.

I started by using this week's Mojo Monday 198 CONTEST Sketch.


I then used my Cricut Expression and Cricut Storybook Cartridge to cut out a 'Tulip2' at - sorry can't remember the size. Ran a piece of Bazzill 'Avalanche' cardstock thru my Cuttlebug using a Nestabilities Lg. Rectangle Die. The die-cut was then used as a mask and the cardstock was INKED with a combination of 'Pearl' & 'Blue Jazz' Glimmer Mist. Once the cardstock dried, I removed the die-cut leaving a white space. I then printed Inspirational Sentiment 6 - which was slightly altered in PSE8 -  from Raindrop Echo Designs' Inspirational Sentiments on top.



I replaced the star on the sketch for a double-loop bow made with 'Vanilla Bean' Crinkled Ribbon from My Craft Spot. I accented the bow with a cluster of three roses and a 'Branch2/FancyCorner' leaves. The blue roses were originally white and I INKED them with the same 'Pearl/Blue Jazz' Glimmer Mist, so they would match with the Basic Grey Cappella papers.



I felt the left side of the card needed a little something, so I cut out three 'Butrfly2' butterflies from the Cricut Storybook Cartridge at .50", .75" & 1" from vellum. I used a fine paintbrush to INK the edges of each butterfly with the 'Pearl/Blue Jazz' Glimmer Mist.


Before adhering it all down, I INKED the edges of all patterned papers and cardstock.


Now, its YOUR TURN! Don't forget to check out all the INKY FINGERS at Sentimental Sundays. Be sure to link up your INKY FINGERS card by Saturday, July 16th 11:59PM EST for your chance to win this week's prize.


6 comments :

STAMPING SAM said...

What a gorgeous inspiring card!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Gorgeous card! I love how you inked your flowers!

Kimberly

Cheryl said...

Your card is beautiful and elegant!

Dr Sonia S V said...

So elegant and chic! The flowers and paper go so well together.Quite a stylish card!
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so gorgeous! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Debbie Carriere said...

So pretty - love the shabby feel! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.