Monday, August 29, 2011

FCCB Challenge Me Monday #75 - Sunflower Pot Card

Pin It Now!

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridges(Freshly Picked, Plantin SchoolBook), Bazzill Cardstock(Carob, Quicksand, Yukon Gold), DCWV Cardstock(Green), American Crafts 'Garden Cafe' (Daisy's Diner, Clover Cantina, Cafe Iris - backside), Pebbles Inc. 'Twitterpated' Collection(Love You - backside(center yellow flower)), My Craft Spot(Golden Harvest Crinkled Ribbon), Jillibean Soup(Yellow Twine), Scrappy Moms Stamps(Sweet Somethings), Recollections Pearls, Saukra White Pen. Finished Card Size: 6" x 5-1/2".

~*~

CLICK HERE to enter the My Craft Spot Stamp Party Release Blog Hop!

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone in the Eastern Coast is doing well and are safe after being hit with the effects of Hurricane/Toprical Storm Irene. I, for one, was hit with the rain and winds, but THANKFULLY nothing serious. Some nearby cities were hit really hard and have some damages as well as flooding. I hope everyone stays safe during this time.

Onto this week's Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday #75. This week its all about a SPLASH OF COLOR: YELLOW. Simply create a project using the color YELLOW.


Last week, FCCB had the honor to be sponsored by American Crafts. Not did they sponsor FCCB, but they were soo kind to send me some of their RECENTLY RELEASED "Garden Cafe" Collection - which I used for my Sunflower Pot Card. Aren't the patterns just lovely?!


The Flower Pot is actually from the Cricut Freshly Picked Cartridge cut at 5-1/4". I used Design Studio to weld two of Flower Pot shadows to form the card base. The leaves and "sunflowers" were cut several time to give the card some layers.


The edges of each "Sunflower" was inked in YELLOW. I replaced a smaller flower, with two ovals from Plantin SchoolBook covered in "Coffee Bean" flocking powder. I added three small pearls from Recollections(Michaels' Brand). I think it makes my "Sunflower" look more realistic.


This time I tried a new bow-tying technique for my "Golden Harvest" Crinkled Ribbon - available at My Craft Spot. I'm not too sure how much I like it. To it I tied a YELLOW inked tag with a sentiment from the SMS "Sweet Somethings" Stamp Set with YELLOW twine.


For the inside, I left it blank for a personal message.


Ok, NOW its your turn! Create a project with a SPLASH OF COLOR: YELLOW and link it up to the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog by Sunday, September 4th 11:59PM EST for your chance to win this week's prize.



16 comments :

Amy said...

This is so awesome! I love those pretty flowers and the shape. It turned out great! :)Amy

Tina M said...

Marlene this is such a lovely card! GLad to hear you were ok during the storm. We were ok here too :)

Kate said...

Gorgeous, Marlene! The curled edges of your flowers adds such a wonderful look. And those papers are beautiful!

Sarah said...

Stunning! Love the paper you used!

Tanya said...

Oh my...this is a gorgeous card Marlene! Love those flowers, they are just fabulous and I think the bow is beautiful...love everything about it!

Larelyn said...

Oh Marlene, this card is amazing. I love the added dimension you created by rolling the petals and leaves. The bow is delightful and the pearls in the flower centers are perfect.
Hugs,

Yolanda said...

I love this card!

Jamie said...

Adorable!!!! Love it! The flowers are great.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

I love your flower pot card and the papers you chose are amazing. I love the little pearls you used to accent everything. So cheery!

DIANA L. said...

You did a beautiful job on this cartridge. The colors work so well together there is so much going on with it.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

DIANA L. said...

This card is beautiful. You did a great job , everything about it is wonderful, but I especially like the dimension that you have given it by all the layering

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Sherrie K. said...

Wow Marlene this is just fabulous!! I LOVE the papers your used:) There is so much dimension to the flowers and leaves~great bow!! Total A+ from me!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Glenda said...

Gorgeous Marlene! Such pretty papers and the flowers are lovely!
Glenda

meredemaison said...

So very pretty! You did a wonderful job using beautiful papers, embellishments and I can't say enough about the yellow (my favorite color!)

Sabrina said...

This is a lovely card! I love sunflowers so I am loving this card and its shape!

GreenScrap said...

Your card is very beautiful!! Those flowers are amazing!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.