Monday, August 22, 2011

My Craft Spot Stamp Release Party Sneak Peek #1 - Candy Corn Kisses

Pin It Now!
Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridge(Doodlecharms, PlantinSchoolbook), Bazzill Cardstock(Quicksand, Salt Dotted Swiss), Echo Park Collection(Flutter), Imaginisce(Let's Pretend), My Craft Spot(Pumpkin Spice Crinkled Ribbon, Orange Licorice Baker's Twine, Candy Corn Kisses Stamp Set), ZIG Black Pen, Misc - Lace, Button. Finished Size: 5.25" x 6"

~*~ 

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to My Craft Spot's Stamp Release Party Sneak Peak #1!
All week long, the My Craft Spot DT will be featuring Sneak Peeks from ONE of 4 NEW Stamp Sets and SEVEN NEW Twine Colors! Then on Friday, August 26th, we will have being a Stamp Release Party Blog Hop! There will be TONS of prizes along the way, so you won't want to miss it!

My Sneak Peek today uses a phrase from the NEW "Candy Corn Kisses" Stamp Set.

I LOVED the phrase and had a whole different project in mind for it. But it not being fully Halloween Season, I had to resort to Plan B - a Candy Corn Shaped Card.


The Candy Corn(pg. 122) was cut from the Doodlecharms Cartridge in several different sizes. See, the problem is I don't think this image was very well planned out. The base of the card was cut from the shadow feature at 18" . Using Design Studio, I welded the two shadows together and hid the remaining pieces.  The actual Candy Corn was cut at 19-3/4". I noticed that the bigger you went in size with this image, the more unproportional it was, which caused some issues when layering it all together.

For my three-loop bow, I used the Pumpkin Spice Crinkled Ribbon from the Colors of Autumn Set. Centered it off with an "Orange Licorice" - ONE of 7 NEW colors - Baker's Twined button.

No card of mine would be complete without some dimension! I simply cut out an extra Candy Corn layer at 19-3/4" and used some orange foam to create my homemade dimensionals before placing my final patterned paper layer.

Now, what is a Stamp Release Party without some giveways?

Stamp Release Party Giveaways:

Each day this week, Kimberly from My Craft Spot will have a fun prize for ONE lucky follower! Then, on Friday, each stop on the Hop will be giving away ONE of the NEW Stamp Sets! That's a total of 9 Stamps Sets!!

For  the most chances to win awesome prizes this week:

1. Leave a comment on each Sneak Peek post on the My Craft Spot Blog this week ( Monday thru Thursday).

2. Leave a second comment letting Kimberly know that you placed the orange Stamp Party Button on your Blog or Facebook. ( You can do this each day if you'd like!)

My Craft Spot

3. Come join us for the Stamp Release Blog Hop on Friday! Each DT Blog on the Hop will be giving away ONE of the NEW Stamp Sets!!


Be sure to check back in on Wednesday, August 24th, when I will have ONE more Sneak Peek for you before the BIG Release Blog Hop! Now, head on over to My Craft Spot for more Sneak Peeks and your chance to win!

18 comments :

Christi said...

too cute.
christi
keenerfamily at gmail dot com

Amy said...

Adorable candy corn shaped card! I love the patterns and the sewing is the perfect touch! :)Amy
amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Beautiful card, Marlene! I love the pretty papers you used and the stitching! Just gorgeous!

Kimberly

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Stunning Candy Corn card Marlene! The papers are beautiful and the details are just as lovely!
Amber

rockpapercricut said...

Beautiful card! I love the stitching and the trim. Cleaver idea of adding a button to the bow with twine--I really like the look! Love it! :)


Ally

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Yummy, yummy candy corn and I love the phrase, I'm looking forward to see more of Kimberly's stamps. Always adorable projects Marlene :)

Rhonda Emery said...

this is more than cute. love it I am now a follower.

Sherrie K. said...

I love your candy cane card~very creative and festive. I love the pretty ribbon and the stitching looks awesome! Great sentiment:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Joy said...

Marlene, this lil candy corn is adorable !! Love the stitching and the differnt papers you used!!
xoxo Joy

Jenni said...

This candy corn is so adorable! I absolutely LOVE the sentiment!
Hugs, Jenni
http://mylollipopgarden.blogspot.com

Carol said...

Super cute candy corn! TFS

Carol
http://caroleesscrappinspot.blogspot.com

Southernbelle said...

This is just the most adorable candy corn card!!!

Aymee

GiGi said...

This is such a great card! I love the crikkle ribbon and the tag. I also really love that crocheted piece of trim on there! So cute!

Amy C said...

I adore this super cute candy corn card!! The stitching and embossing are fabulous!! Awesome job!!

Lisa R. said...

I love shaped cards! Wonderful job. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

Cheryl said...

Oooh, I love this!

OCCricut said...

This is so stinkin' CUTE!!!

Kate said...

Wonderful card, Marlene! I love the mix of papers and the cotton lace is such a fabulous touch!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.