Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Craft Spot Stamp Release Party Sneak Peek #3 - Happy Fall

Pin It Now!
Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridges(Plantin SchoolBook, Life's A Party, Stretch Your Imagination), Bazzill Cardstock(Mango, Quicksand), Bella Blvd 'One Fall Day' Collection(Borders n' Blocks - backside, Needle in a Haystack, Cute Cuts - backside), My Craft Spot('Happy Fall' Stamp Set, 'Harvest Wine' Crinkled Ribbon, 'Chocolate Truffle' Twine), Prima Flowers, DCWV 'Stitching' Rub-Ons, Cuttlebug Machine, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder(Swiss Dots), Momento 'Tuxedo Black' Ink.
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
~*~

Welcome to the My Craft Spot Stamp Release Party Sneak Peek #3!

Today we have another day FILLED with wonderful Sneak Peeks from the SOON-TO-BE RELEASED "Happy Fall" Stamp Set by My Craft Spot!

All week long, the My Craft Spot DT will be featuring Sneak Peeks from ONE of 4 NEW Stamp Sets and SEVEN NEW Twine Colors! Then on Friday, August 26th, we will have being a Stamp Release Party Blog Hop! There are TONS of prizes along the way, so you won't want to miss it!

If you happen to have missed Sneak Peeks #1 & #2, simply visit the My Craft Spot Blog to see all the GREAT projects created by the DT!

For today's sneak peek, I went with the "Happy Fall y'all" phrase from the "Happy Fall" Stamp Set.


When I think of a "Happy Fall", lots of warm colors and leaves come to mind. I used a cluster of warm colored roses with some fallen leaves tucked underneath. The larger rose is from Prima, but was orginally white. I dyed it orange and then inked the edges with some brown, orange, and red inks to give it a bright, crisp autumn feel.

The leaves tucked underneath are from the Cricut Stretch Your Imagination Cartridge cut at 1-1/2" and 1-1/4". They were given a brown ink around the edges and then crumpled into a ball to give them a dry, fallen leave look.


The smaller rose by the bow was also white. I used a cosmetic sponge inked in brown to add color to the outer edges.


For the bow, I used the "Harvest Wine" Crinkled Ribbon from the "Colors of Autumn" Set. I also used some "Chocolate Truffle" Twine  - ONE of 7 NEW colors. You'll be able find these and many more colors at the My Craft Spot Store.


Today's card was inspired by this week's Mojo Monday 205 Sketch.

 

To create the Zig-Zag Border at the bottom, I used the "Wild Thing" die-cut paper(pg. 46) from the Cricut Life's A Party Cartridge. After cutting the entire image, I treated like any other paper and simly cut off the piece I needed.


For the Scalloped Border, I used the Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge.



Ok, now onto some giveaways!

Stamp Release Party Giveaways:

Each day this week, Kimberly from My Craft Spot will have a fun prize for ONE lucky follower! Then, on Friday, each stop on the Hop will be giving away ONE of the NEW Stamp Sets! That's a total of 9 Stamps Sets!!

For the most chances to win awesome prizes this week:

1. Leave a comment on each Sneak Peek post on the My Craft Spot Blog this week ( Monday thru Thursday).

2. Leave a second comment letting Kimberly know that you placed the orange Stamp Party Button on your Blog or Facebook. ( You can do this each day if you'd like!)

My Craft Spot

3. Come join us for the Stamp Release Blog Hop on Friday! Each DT Blog on the Hop will be giving away ONE of the NEW Stamp Sets!!

This was MY last Sneak Peek for you before the BIG Release Blog Hop! But be sure to check back in at the My Craft Spot Blog tomorrow for ONE last Sneak Peek tomorrow.

Now, head on over to My Craft Spot for more Sneak Peeks and your chance to win!


13 comments :

Amy C said...

This is really pretty!! I love the papers you used and the wonderful colors. Awesome job!!

Southernbelle said...

This is gorgeous! I really like what you did with the flowers!

Kristy said...

Love it!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

OCCricut said...

Your flowers are soooo pretty!!! And, being from Georgia, i LOVE the sentiment!!!

Jenni said...

Oh My Goodness!!!! Those flowers are amazing! Wonderful job!
Hugs, Jenni
http://mylollipopgarden.blogspot.com

GiGi said...

WOW! This is fabulous! I love those flowers and the way you used the twine and crinkle ribbon together!

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

I love the fall colors, and the little leaves under the roses such a stunning look. Just Beautiful Marlene!

Joy said...

Oh this is sooo pretty!! Love the colors you used and the flowers are beautiful !!
xoxo Joy

Sherrie K. said...

I really like your card and the flowers are fabulous! Great job!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
jskoning at msn dot com

Sandi's creative touch said...

I just wanted to stop by and say how lovely your card turned out using the sketch!!! Love the colors and how you incorporated the stamps and ribbon and bakers twine with the sketch!!!

Sandi (daveshunny)

Kate said...

Gorgeous card, Marlene! Your flowers are fabulous!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love your beautiful flowers - beautiful job with the inking!!

June Houck said...

What a fabulous card, Marlene! Your attention to detail is amazing.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.