Monday, September 26, 2011

FCCB Challenge Me Monday #79 - FALL Frames

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridges(Create-A-Critter, Doodlecharms, Freshly Picked, Pooh Font), Artful Delight 'September' Kit(Crate Paper - Farmhouse Collection; Bazzill Cardstock - Walnut), My Craft Spot("Pumpkin Spice" & "Harvest Wine" Crinkled Ribbon, "Mandarin" Baker's Twine), Memory Thread "Lt. Green", Inkadinkado "Coffe Bean" Flocking Powder, Saukra White Gel Pen, Frames(Dollar Tree), Misc - Brad, Pearls.

~*~

Happy Monday Everyone!

Last Friday, September 23rd was the official start of the Fall season for many of us on the Northern Hemisphere - I think. You can already start to feel a few cooler breezes, the smell of fresher air and the leaves start to fall. And that is why this week's Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday #79 is all about FALLING LEAVES!


I started out with a GREAT idea to make an altered frame - of sorts - with LOTS of cruchy FALLEN LEAVES. But as I went along the frames started taking a life of their own and didn't quite turn out how I had planned. However, I was able to fit quite a few different LEAVES in there.

In the "F" frame, I made a cluster of 4 different LEAVES. Can you tell what cartridges I used? If you guessed Accent Essentials(red), Create-A-Critter(center floral), and Doodlecharms(orange, green, yellow, blue) then you're right. These were cut at around 2", inked edges, doodled and then wrinkled for a "crunchy" look. The little acorns are also from the Create-A-Critter cartridge, cut at about 1-1/2".


The individual letters were cut from the Pooh Font cartridge at 4-1/8".


For the "A" Frame, I used some of My Craft Spot's "Harvest Wine" & "Pumpkin Spice" Crinkled Ribbon from the "Color of Autumn" Bundle Set. I just love how these two colors match perfectly and give a warm feel. I added a LEAF brad I had in my stash to the center.

Please scroll up for My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #26 - RIBBON or click HERE.

LOVE the papers you are seeing? Well, they all came in Artful Delight's September Kit! The kit includes the entire paper line of Crate Paper's Farmhouse Collection, a few sheets of the Jillibean Soup Apple Cheddar Collection, coordinating Bazzill Cardstock, and soo soo much more.


Just look at the ADORABLE pumpkin embellishment Delightful Designer Debbie created and is included in the kit. All I did was add a few extra LEAVES from the Doodlecharms Cartridge and some Lt. Green Memory Thread.


There is currently ONE September Kit left, so hurry on over to the Artful Delight Store for your kit now.

Each letter was adhered with some Homemade Dimensionals so they would stand out a bit more.


Ok, NOW its your turn! Create a project with a LEAVES and link it up to the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog by Sunday, October 2nd 11:59PM EST for your chance to win this week's prize.

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful fall decoration!! Your flowers and bow are gorgeous!!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this project is amazing! Love it! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing project!!! Love it, definitely gives me inspiration to do something like this!

    keep krafting! =]
    -kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, this is just gorgeous! I love the whole idea and those flowers are just amazing! You did a spectacular job on this...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great!!! I love all the detail!!
    It sure inspires me to try something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful project! I love all the detail you put into everything you make!

    Hugs,
    Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your project. Such a cute idea to use the frames and I love the different ways you decorated each one. A great home decor project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project! Thanks for the inspiration! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a GREAT project!!! I love how you did this. All the little touches are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great Fall decoration, and a great idea! All of your details look spectacular. Sabrina :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to decorate for the fall season! Your framed letters look wonderful, Marlene!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful project. Love all the details and the cuts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Project!! I love it!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun idea! I love it!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing!!! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Paper Issues!! We featured you today! http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2011/11/fall-frames.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.