Thursday, September 15, 2011

Whimsie Doodles "Meet the Divas" Blog Hop - Mr. Frankie

Pin It Now!


Hi Everyone!

Back on August 30th, I announced my acceptance into the Whimsie Doodles Design Team and since then I've been so excited and "patiently" waiting today - September 15th.

If you've come from Laura's Blog, then you're heading in the right direction. If you just happened to come across my blog and would like to play along with our "Meet the Divas" Blog Hop, start HERE.

To get to know the NEWEST Doodlelicious Divas, we at Whimsie Doodles have decided to answer "5 Doodlelicious Things About Me...." for our followers. So we invite you to join us in our "Meet the Divas" Blog Hop! Be sure to visit everyone's blog to give them a WARM welcome to the Whimsie Doodles Family.

Each Design Team member will be featuring an original project using this month's ADORABLE new images. Leave them a little comment love along the way and then head back to the Whimsie Doodles Blog for your chance to win ONE of the September Images!

DOODLELICIOUS DIVA - MARLENE


5 Doodlelicious Things About Me....

1. My first papercrafts project was......
a Hershey Park Family Vacation Album.  Not a scrapbook, but an album. I was in High School and took a Family Vacation with my parents. I purchased one of those magnetic Photo Albums(remember those?) from Walgreens and just added the photos with a few pieces of memorabilia.

2. When I'm not papercrafting, I enjoy....spending time with my two boys - ages 4 & 7 - and husband of 8 years. My kids seem to grow up soo much faster than all the other kids I know, so I like to spend as much time as I can with them. My little one just started Pre-School a few days ago, I must have cried a rivered! I wish they could stay little for a bit longer.

3. My favorite Whimsie Doodles image is....
this is TRULY a hard one! I can't decide! I LOVE all of Melyssa's whimsy images. I've been a HUGE fan since she first introduced Whimsie Doodles and always thought my coloring wasn't good enough for her ADORABLE images.

4. My favorite papercrafting technique is...
Inking Edges, Matting, Distressing, ooOh...just too many. I don't use them all together, it depends on the card and the "feel" I'm going for.

5. My favorite embellishment is....
CRINKLED RIBBON! Absolutely LOVE that thing since Kimbery from My Craft Spot(wink wink) introduced me to it. Now, I just can't get enough of it. It seems to go into almost every project I do.

~*~

Are you still with me?

If you are, I hope you are enjoying learning a little bit more about me. But its now time for my FIRST Whimsie Doodles DT project!

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridge(Plantin Schoolbook), Bazzill Cardstock(Blackbird), The Paper Company Cardstock(White), Target $1 Spot Patterned Paper, Whimsie Doodles Digital Stamps(Mr. Frankie, Halloween Button Sentiments), PrismaColor Pencils(PC912, PC913, PC917, PC918, PC929, PC932, PC935, PC938, PC949), Nestabilities(LG. Ovals), American Crafts "Garden Cafe" Button, My Craft Spot(Orange Licorice Twine), Stickles(Frosted Lace). Finished Card Size: A2(4.25" x 5.5"). 

As soon as I saw Melyssa had an ADORABLE Mr. Frankie image in the September Whimsie Doodles Release, I knew I had to color him.


He was colored using my PrismaColor Pencils. For his body I used a combo of Apple Green - PC912 - and Spring Green - PC913. For the vest, I used Orange - PC918- and Sunburst Yellow - PC917. The hair and pants are simply colored in Black, but given different shades.


To his hair, I added some "Frosted Lace" Stickles to give him a sparkly look.


For the sentiment, I went back and used an older Whimsie Doodles Sentiment Set - Halloween Button Sentiments.


As always, I carried the design - which is based on a The Deconstructed Sketch #17 -  into the inside of the card.


Ok, time to keep "Hopping". Your next stop is Min's Blog. Please go give a WARM welcome to the Whimsie Doodles Family! Don't forget to stop by the Whimsie Doodles Blog for your chance to win ONE of the September Images!




20 comments :

Emily Martina said...

I love how you colored Frankie :) Fantastic card!

jessica said...

LOVE your card and love how you colored Frankie! beautiful paper choices and the sentiment is awesome! TFS :)
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

Jovan said...

I love this card!

Jen P said...

So cute - love the stickles in his hair! :)

Kindra said...

This is just adorable!! I loved Frankie too and your coloring is fantastic. Love that hair! I'm excited to get to know everyone and am glad to be a part of this team with you!!

Marie B. said...

Frankie looks FAB on your card! I love his sparkley hair! :)

Diana's Creations said...

Love the colors such a cutie

Altered by Jenn said...

Love the quilt look of your card :)

Laura said...

Love the colors you chose for your Frankie card, and your coloring is fabulous! Looking forward to working on the design team with you!! :)

Kim O'Connell said...

Love Frankie's rosey cheeks and the way you added the sentiment! Looking forward to working on the DT with you!

Melissa said...

Looooove Frankie!!!!

Anita said...

What a fun card!

Sandra said...

Congratulations!
your card is perfect!
Sandra ltb

Julie E said...

Frankie is so cute!!! Such a great LO to showcase him. I can't believe you got that paper in the dollar bin - gees, I never get that lucky :>)
Sooo fun!!!

Keely Yowler said...

I love your fabulous card! Every detail is just perfect :)

Angela said...

Great card - and no crinkle ribbon! ;)

Min said...

Marlene, I love this layout and the papers you used (and the BLING in his hair!!) The inside of your card is fabulous too! So great to get to know a bit more about you - looking forward to designing with you this term!
Hugs & Happy Day!
~Min

~Christina~ said...

That little image is just toooo cute!!!!

It's Me, Nikki (NCSUnikki) said...

Marlene, your Frankie is adorable! Love the sparkly hair! Loved getting to know all about you :) Welcome to the family!

Country Mouse said...

Adorable card! Love your creations!
What a fun blog hop!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.