Monday, October 17, 2011

FCCB Challenge Me Monday #82 - TakeOut Frankie

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Design Studio, Cricut Cartridges(Plantin SchoolBook), ScrappinCookie Cut File(TakeOut Box), Bazzill Cardstock(Avalanche, Blackbird, Guacamole), Best Occasion Cardstock(Purple), My Craft Spot("Midnight Black" Crinkled Ribbon, "Black Licorice" Bakers Twine, "Happy Haunting" Stamp Set), DCWV Rub-Ons(Stitching), Nicole Crafts(18 gauge craft wire), Saukra White Pen.

~*~

Hello Everyone!

Halloween is fast approaching and this week's FCCB Challenge Me Monday #82 is getting ready for it. This week's challenge is to all about PURPLE PEOPLE EATER(s)! Simply create a project with the color PURPLE and a MONSTER or BUG on it.

Before I move on to my PURPLE PEOPLE EATER project, I want to let you know about our FANTABULOUS sponsor this week at FCCB - SVG Attic.


SVG Attic has generously donated a $15 Gift Certificate to ONE lucky random challenge participant. In addition, they have provided the DT with TWO of their SVG Files - Spooky Friends and Mommy's Monsters. Unfortunately, I and some DT members don't have an SVG cutting software - I really do need to get one - and therefore missed out on working with these wonderful files. To see what the DT has come up with these SVG Attic Files, please visit FCCB.

Since I missed out on using the SVG Attic Files, I opted to create my MONSTER out of a TakeOut Box Cut File I created. The TakeOut Box File(available upon request) was designed very similar to the one on the Creative Memories Art Philosophy Cartridge, with the exception that mine has a different closing format.


The finished TakeOut Box measures about 3-1/8"W x 2-3/4"H x 2-3/8"D. I used the Cricut Plantin SchoolBook to cut out the circles for "Eyes" and grass for "Hair".


To create the "Eyes" I cut the following circle sizes using Design Studio:
(2) -  .875" Circles in White
(2) - .675" Circles in Black
(1) - 1" Circle in Green; cut in half
(1) - .875" Circle in Green; trimmed off about 1/4"


To create the "Hair" I welded (3) grass cuts at .849"H x 3.893"W each and cut them out in PURPLE cardstock.


I couldn't find just the right cut to use for my PURPLE PEOPLE EATER MONSTER's mouth, so I opted to use some old DCWV Rub-Ons I had in my stash. You could always use a Black Pen and hand draw the mouth - it wouldn't have been the right choice for me.

I also added a few "stitches" to the sides and back. Sorry for the bad picture - the Sun was playing Hide-n-Seek with me.


To create the handle I used some 18guage Craft Wire I found in the Jewelry Dept of A.C. Moore. Its still giving me some difficulties to get it to shape the way I want, so I need a bit more practice with it. I wrapped it around a pencil to give it the spiral shape.


To finish off my MONSTER TakeOut Box, I tied some of My Craft Spot's "Midnight Black" Crinkled Ribbon and stamped a sentiment from Kimberly's "Happy Hauntings" Stamp Set to a small tag.


 Here is a picture of what the TakeOut Box looks like when opened. I plan on making more of these - 30 more to be exact; we'll see how that goes - to use as Halloween Treat Holders for my son's second grade classmates.


And here is one of the closure I gave to it. Different from the Art Philosophy Box which creates some sort of small cup on the top. Mine closes flat.


Ok, NOW its your turn! Create a PURPLE PEOPLE EATER project and link it up to the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog by Sunday, October 23rd 11:59PM EST for your chance to win this week's SVG Attic prize.

TakeOut CUT File
items required
*Cricut Machine
*Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge
Cut File is available via comment request. The .cut file comes in the form of a
.zip file and includes pictures, TOU, and .cut file. Due to the time spent on this .cut file, I would greatly appreciate if you were able to DONATE a little somethin' somethin' when requesting the file. A password will be sent for access to file download within 24 hours of your comment.

~*~
This Frankie TakeOut Box will also be entered into the following challenges:

*Cricut Chirp Newsletter
*Cricut Circle Blog Weekly Challenge - Feeling Gifty Challenge

22 comments:

  1. This is really cute, Marlene!

    Hugs,
    Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable little monster box! Really cute! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I wish I had some clue how to use your fab file--this looks soooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marlene your treat box looks like I feel after being sick for three days. Made me smile so I must be getting better. Anyway love the eyes and the cuts. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute Marlene! Love those big eyes, great ribbon and perfect sentiment! Love it!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute! I love his sweet eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so creative Marlene! This is just adorable!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow I love your "takeout frankie". Please send the cut file to claudia matzke at hotmail dot com. Thanks a million.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incredibly cute and funny!! Love the idea!! TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww he is so cute. Love those droopy eyes. Thank you for playing in Crafty Sprouts "Candy Goes Here" Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SUPER cute! Love the eyes! Thank you for joining in on the fun at My Pink Stamper's Pinkalicious Blog Hop! :o)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just so perfect! Every little detail shows beautifully and it's so great! Thanks for joining the challenge at My Craft Spot this week! Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  13. How adorable is he!! Love your candy box!! Thanks for joining us for our "Candy Goes here" Challenge!

    Lots of love,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  14. Teriffic little box, the detail & colors look great! Thanks for joining Robyn's My Pink Stamper Pink-alicious Blog Hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great! I love it.

    Every week I have a link up and you can share your projects!
    Check it out here! we do it again!

    Rebecca
    "Crafting Misfit"

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute, Marlene! I love the sweet little face on your Frankenstein. I think the wire handle looks fabulous too! How fun that you had TWO projects for My Craft Spot this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute monster box! Good luck from Crafty Sprouts!

    Many blessings,
    Zeni
    www.scrappyzeni.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a cute box! Love your lit monster, but why is he so sad?? lol
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sprouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this project! GREAT job!!! Thank you so much for playing with us at Crafty Sprouts.

    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome Frankie Take Out Box!!! Love it! And I really like that you used regular shapes to create the face. This is excellent for non cricut owners.
    Thanks for playing with us at Crafty Sprouts.
    Jess M
    Please visit me at My Scrap Diary

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.