Monday, October 17, 2011

My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #30 - Bewitching Hat

Pin It Now!
Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Design Studio, Cricut Cartridges(Life's A Party, Plantin SchoolBook), DCWV "Midnight Spell" Collection, My Craft Spot("Midnight Black" Crinkled Ribbon, "Orange Licorice" Bakers Twine, "Candy Corn Kisses" Stamp Set), Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist(Pearl), Me and My Big Ideas(Orange Rhinestones), AC Moore(Feathers, Silk Flowers, Picks).

~*~

Happy Monday Everyone!

Here again, with this week's My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #30. This week we thought we would challenge ourselves and our followers to create a 3D HALLOWEEN project!

Now, if you've been following my blog, you KNOW I'm ALL about 3D!!! I just LOVE making these type of projects, they are soo much fun! So when Kimberly told us to make a 3D HALLOWEEN project, my head started spinning with ideas. But I finally settled for this BEAUTY - a 3D Witch Hat!

~*~  PUBLISHED in the Cricut Magazine October 2012  ~*~

I don't usually toot my own horn, but it turned out AMAZING!! Its soo much better in person, trust me.

I started by cutting a 6-1/4" 'Monkey Hat'(pg.56) from the Cricut Life's A Party Cartridge in a GEORGEOUS paper from the DCWV "Midnight Spell" Collection. Assembled it - a little hard to do - and set it aside.


Then - also from the Cricut Life's A Party Cartridge - I cut a 6-1/4" Circle(pg.47) using the Card Feature. I was using a brand new mat so when I lifted the circle off, it gave it this AWESOME curve shape - very similar that of a real witch hat. I distressed the edges with my Heidi Swapp Distresser and added some "Black Diamond" Stickles.


Before placing the 'Hat' on its base, I gathered some Tulle I had Hand-Dyed Black and Orange.


I wrapped some of My Craft Spots' "Midnight Black" Crinkled Ribbon around the 'Hat' and created a three-loop bow.


Next, I centered three silk flowers I had picked up from the Floral Dept at ACMoore with some orange rhinestones. I had all the intensions to use 3D Flowers from the Cricut Flower Shoppe Cartridge, but I wasn't able to find it anywhere - even Cricut.com is SOLD OUT.


Behind the Flowers I added some Feathers I had also picked up from ACM. And a little trio of Orange and White Picks.


To finish it off, I added a 1" Tag from the Cricut Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge using the Roly Poly Feature stamped with a sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Candy Corn Kisses" Stamp Set. Added an eyelet and tied some "Orange Licorice" Bakers Twine - also available at My Craft Spot.


At last minute, I decided to give it a quick spray of "Pearl" Glimmer Mist. NOTE: Don't glimmer feathers - which I did -, as they look like they were dropped in a pool of oil.


Here's a quick look at my 3D Bewitching Hat from a TopView and without the Sentiment Tag.


Ok, NOW its your turn! Create a 3D HALLOWEEN project and link it up to My Craft Spot by Sunday, October 23rd 11:59PM EST for your chance to win this week's prize. Be sure to visit the My Craft Spot Blog, to see more 3D HALLOWEEN inspiration from the DT.

~*~

I just realized that my FCCB's Challenge Me Monday #82 - Frankie TakeOut Box also fits the My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #30 3D HALLOWEEN challenge.


To see more of my Frankie TakeOut Box, please click HERE

~*~
This Bewitching Hat will also be entered into the following challenges:

*Cricut Chirp Newsletter

*Cricut Circle Blog Monthly Challenge - Halloween Home Decor





16 comments :

Cricut Couple said...

This is just INCREDIBLE!!! I don't even know what to say. It's WAY too pretty for Halloween. If it were a cake, it would be too cute to eat!

Kristy said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!!!!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

Jayne said...

Hi Marlene,so pleased to be designing with you!
Wow,this is amazing.A gorgeous work of art.
Jayne

rockpapercricut said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love EVERYTHING about this hat! You are so clever when it comes to 3D projects. :) Great job!


Ally

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, this is FABULOUS!! I cannot get over all the incredible details. They are just stunning! I would love to try making one of these. Defiantly creative a GREAT centerpiece!! Beautiful job!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Rene said...

WOWOWOWOWOW! This is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!
Rene ;D

Rhonda Emery said...

this is one beautiful witches hat makes me want to be a witch. ha I am! anyway thank you for joining our halloween challenge at decorate to celebrate.

PinkBlingCrafter said...

OMG!! your should totally toot your horn the witch hat is GORGEOUS!! and those cupcakes sure look YUMMY!! Thank you for joing us over at Decorate to Celebrate
Hugs
Norma
www.pinkblingcrafter.com

Faye's Crafti Corner said...

This is just beautiful - I love it

julieprice3 said...

Stunning Creation! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes for our Halloween or Fall Challenge
hugs Julie P

Peggy Sue said...

that is absolutely amazing! holy cow, its gorgeous!!! the details are just beautiful!!
mrsroddy4@aol.com
http://ICrea8Cards.blogspot.com

Amanda R said...

This is absolutely wonderful! I would love to have this on my hallway table. Thanks for playing along this week at Paper Sundaes!

Melissa said...

I love 3D things as well, but wow, you really have an eye for it! Thanks for sharing at Decorate to Celebrate. -Melissa (Decorate to Celebrate guest designer) craftygator.blogspot.com

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful Halloween creations. Especially like all the embellishing on the witch's hat.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Shelley said...

I tried leaving you a comment last week and had PC issues, so I'm leaving one now....but your hat is awesome! Love it! I know it's after Halloween now, but wanted to tell you that it was great! Very cool! Love the feathers!

Shelley
http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com
shelleymace21@gmail.com

Amy said...

Beautiful hat... Very creative.

What a TREAT to see your decoration linked up at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog!

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
and Decorate To Celebrate!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.