Monday, October 24, 2011

My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #31 - Halloween Kabob

Pin It Now!
Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, ScrappinCookie Cut File(SkinnyBox), Bazzill Clear Plastic(.70 thickness), My Craft Spot("Deep Purple" Crinkled Ribbon, "Orange Licorice" Bakers Twine, "Happy Haunting" Stamp Set), ACMoore Candy Stick. Finished Size: 1-9/16"W x 7-1/4"H x 1-1/2"D.

~*~

Happy Monday Everyone!

This week we have a FUN challenge for you over at My Craft Spot - SEE THROUGH PROJECTS. Simply create a project using acetate or other clear products.


Although my project today is rather simple, its more than just adding  ribbon to a box. I took a simple Halloween Candy and gave it a much cuter home; perfect for gifting.

The story begins during a trip to my local ACMoore with my 4 year old son. While waiting to pay, he found this ADORABLE candy stick and of course wanted it. I, immediately said YES, but not for him to eat - for me to repurpose! Here is a quick look at what the original packaging looks like - very unappealing, if you ask me.


I cut the "Skinny Box" CUT File(available via commnet request) from .070 thick Bazzill CLEAR Plastic using the Cricut Expression. I don't really recommend using this size thickness, as the Cricut doesn't cut it all the way thru. I honestly prefer using the Grafix .007 Clear Plastic, it gives you a nice clean cut - Disclaimer: This is just my personal opinion; no affliation to Grafix - but couldn't find any at a reasonable price at the moment.


 I tied the box closed with some "Deep Purple" Crinkled Ribbon and attached the tag with some "Orange Licorice" Bakers Twine - both available at My Craft Spot.

  
 For my sentiment, I went this cute phrase from the My Craft Spot "Happy Hauntings" Stamp Set.


 Here is one last quick close-up of the gummies. Aren't they just CUTE?!


 Ok, NOW its your turn! Create a SEE THROUGH PROJECT and link it up to My Craft Spot by Sunday, October 30th 11:59AM EST for your chance to win this week's prize. Be sure to visit the My Craft Spot Blog, to see more SEE THROUGH PROJECTS from the DT.


10 comments :

. said...

What a great little treat holder. You did a fantastic job! Love those little creepy bug treat.
Candy

Kate said...

This is so fun, Marlene - and looks heaps better than the original! I hope you do share with your son!!

Jovan said...

ADORABLE!

Luvy said...

Just adorable!

Jayne said...

Totally agree Marlene.You made it all real pretty.
Jayne x

sam bastin said...

I love love love all of your ideas. Can I please have the cut file

sgordley21@yahoo.com

Sherrie K. said...

Oh boy this is cute!! TFS! Great job Marlene!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Fabulous treat box!! I love the bugs on a skewer!

Kimberly

Cricut Couple said...

This is just SO COOL! Love it!

Audrey Frelx said...

What an adorable box!!! Love it and love your blog! Sheila sent me over and I'm glad she did!!!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.