Monday, October 31, 2011

My Craft Spot Winter Stamp Release Party Sneak Peek #1 - Sprinkled Christmas

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridges(Storybook, Plantin SchoolBook, Winter Frolic), Artful Delight 'November' Kit, My Craft Spot('Rusty Red' Seam Binding, 'Peppermint' Twine, 'Jingle All the Way' Stamp Set), Queen & Co Pearls(Grass Green), Sticko Stickers(Poinsettias), Dollar Tree(Salt/Pepper Shakers), Misc - Rose. Finished Card Size: 5.25" x 5.25"

~*~

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to My Craft Spot's Winter Stamp Release Party Sneak Peak #1!

All week long, the My Craft Spot DT will be featuring Sneak Peeks from ONE of 5 NEW Stamp Sets and EIGHT NEW Twine Colors! Then on Saturday, November 5th, we will have a Stamp Release Party Blog Hop! There will be TONS of prizes along the way, so you won't want to miss it!

My Sneak Peek today uses a phrase from the NEW "Jingle All the Way" Stamp Set.


I LOVED the phrase and turned it into a SPRINKLED CHRISTMAS Gift Set.



As soon as I saw the sentiment I remembered a little gift set I had seen from a fellow Whimsie Doodles DT Member using a Salt and Pepper Shaker. I knew it would be the PERFECT play for this phrase from the "Jingle All the Way" Stamp Set.

I ran to my local Dollar Tree and purchased a set of pre-packaged glass Salt & Pepper Shakers. I created a small box holder out of a GORGEOUS Bo Bunny Blitzen paper(more info later in this post and tomorrow.  ;-)  ).  Created a bow using some My Craft Spots' NEW "Rusty Red" Seam Binding.


Tied a "To/From" Tag with "Peppermint" Bakers Twine - available at My Craft Spot. Like the Tag? Well, you'll have to come back tomorrow to find out where its from. ;)


Some "Peppermint" Bakers Twine was also tied around each individual Shaker. The shakers with filled with "LAUGHTER"(green M&M's) and "LOVE"(red M&M's).


The card was based on the Viva La Verve October Week 5 Sketch.



The are papers are from the Bo Bunny's Blitzen collection and Prima's North Country collection; just some of the papers included in the 'November' Artful Delight Kit. For more information on the kits contents, please come back tomorrow for a FULL post.


The scalloped oval(pg. 49) was cut from the Cricut Storybook Cartridge, the ovals(pg. 72) were cut from the Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge, and the sentiment frame is actually a tag(pg. 30) from the Winter Frolic Cartridge, as are vines underneath the rose. Unfortunately, I didn't write down what sizes I cut them at - Sorry.


The rose was sprinkled with some Pink Paislee "Coconut" Pixie Glitter to give it a more Christmas/Winter feel. It sits on top a bow made from "Rusty Red" Seam Binding and "Peppermint" Bakers Twine from the My Craft Spot Store.


To make this lovely sentiment from the "Jingle All the Way" Stamp Set stand out, I used my Homemade Dimensionals.


 The inside of the card is completed with a Simple Inside Layout.


I hope you  have enjoyed my project for My Craft Spot's Winter Release Party Sneak Peek #1. To see more "Sneak Peeks" of the "Jingle All the Way" Stamp Set - available for purchase on Saturday, November 5th, please visit My Craft Spot Blog. You don't want to miss it!

But Wait!!

What is a Stamp Release Party without some giveways?

Stamp Release Party Giveaways:

Each day this week, Kimberly from My Craft Spot will have a fun prize for ONE lucky follower! Then, on Saturday, each stop on the Hop will be giving away ONE of the NEW Stamp Sets! That's a total of 9 Stamps Sets!!

For the most chances to win awesome prizes this week:

1. Leave a comment on each Sneak Peek post on the My Craft Spot Blog this week ( Monday thru Friday).

2. Leave a second comment letting Kimberly know that you placed the RED Stamp Party Button on your Blog or Facebook. ( You can do this each day if you'd like!)






My Craft Spot

3. Come join us for the Stamp Release Blog Hop on Saturday! Each DT Blog on the Hop will be giving away ONE of the NEW Stamp Sets!!
 
Be sure to check back in on Tomorrow, November 1st, for another Sneak Peek at a NEW Stamp Set! Now, head on over to My Craft Spot for more Sneak Peeks and your chance to win!

19 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea!! I never would have thought to use salt and pepper shakers for holding candy, super cute!!Love the card as well, can't wait to see what you made the rest of the week!!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful project, such great details and what a awesome little gift for a teacher or co worker. TFS and for the sneak peak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty set of Love and Laughter.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card and shaker gift set!!! What a wonderful idea Marlene! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, as always, Marlene! Can't wait to see the rest of your sneak peeks!

    Hugs,
    Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely set, Marlene! Your card is gorgeous and I love the way the sentiment is the focal point. I'd forgotten about all those tags on Winter Frolic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful gift set and card! Gorgeous..love the colors and the beautiful flower. Nice job!

    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat idea using the salt and pepper shakers I love the card and tag. I really like the stamp. I added the RED PaRTY bUTTON TO MY BLOG.

    Vickie

    http://vickiesscrappings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Projects! That card is gorgeous and the shaker set is adorable! Don't you just love that new twine?!? It's so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love the Sprinkled Christmas Set! Awesome! Some friends of mine are planning a 'craft day' for us to all make gifts for Christmas presents! I'm definitely gonna try something like this! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Shelley
    http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com
    shelleymace21@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Marlene,
    I wanted to stop by and tell you that I am so excited to be on the FCCB team with you! I am looking forward to getting to know you and the other ladies a bit more. I am sure it will be a blast:) Thanks for your support!!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. great project. tfs.
    littlen44 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is so beautiful! love your projects

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this project!!! I bookmarked it to come back and] scrap lift it if you do not mind:)
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome project! Love this gift/card idea :)Amy
    amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a darling gift set. I love all the details! Hugs- Glora

    me(at)glorajean(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a gorgeous card Marlene. Linda Harris lsunflower58@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the idea of the salt and pepper shakers for candy holders very nice and your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I love this - the sentiment goes perfect with your shakers! Love your card too - the ribbon and all the detail is wonderful!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.